[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - ....ok....sunset (and other neat pic) thread...

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:34 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...all shot with a Minolta SRT-101 35mm-various lenses

.....F-4 Tomcat-hook down... comin in to land....last recovery after a long day...

s11_0012adjsm.jpg
s11_0012adjsm.jpg [ 341.02 KiB | Viewed 8638 times ]

...sunset at the ol' Lowry A.F.B. on the tarmac Denver Colo-circa late 1972

misc new scans_0002sm.jpg
misc new scans_0002sm.jpg [ 204.52 KiB | Viewed 8638 times ]

....same sunset-later....telephoto shot

misc new scans_0004sm.jpg
misc new scans_0004sm.jpg [ 243.49 KiB | Viewed 8638 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:49 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

GREAT pics! I miss my old SRT-101. They were awesome cameras. Mine developed a pinhole in the shutter curtain and it left a track on every pic. I parked it for a lot of years. I had one of the Tele-Rokkor lenses and if I recall it was a 400mm. I think I had a Vivitar 250mm zoom as well. I sold the lenses and gave the guy that bought 'em the camera body for spare parts.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:22 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....still have my 101....but after some 30 years it got stuck on one shutter speed no matter what I set it for.....I got a 102 and used that a bit....still got all the lenses etc(and I think my Vivitar 80mm-250mm soom may be same as yours???) ,but when I went to look for someone to fix it and mebbe cnnabalize the 102 to fix the 101 I couldnt find anyone that knew how...so it languishes in a case in the closet... :-?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:06 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

gave my nikon and all the lenses to my neice , she is into photography big time , wish i still had my darkroom to give her i think she would have put it to good use ,

your photos are superb mario , another tallent of yours manifests itself ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:45 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

I was just looking at the top picture again and thinking that the A-7 zoomie was probably thinking, "DON"T SCREW IT UP!" :lol

That is an awesome picture.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:32 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...ok...couple more....sunrise on Vesuvius...from the Bay of Naples...

more new scans_0001sm.jpg
more new scans_0001sm.jpg [ 245.54 KiB | Viewed 8615 times ]

...inside St.Peter's Basilica-Rome...

St,Pete's_dome orig..jpg
St,Pete's_dome orig..jpg [ 220.57 KiB | Viewed 8615 times ]

...sunset flying by another volcano-Mt Etna...Sicily...

Image120sm.jpg
Image120sm.jpg [ 356.91 KiB | Viewed 8615 times ]

....Roman Ruins in Ephesus,Turkey....the Ampitheater....(and its in the Bible... ;) )

pauls stadium.JPG
pauls stadium.JPG [ 505.44 KiB | Viewed 8615 times ]

.....aahhh....I'll get back to the Navy stuff.... :lol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:41 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

Great PICS!! :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:51 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Yup! Super pics! :bigrin: SW

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:39 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

php31DjhzPM.jpg
php31DjhzPM.jpg [ 36.64 KiB | Viewed 8607 times ]

Arizona some where outside of Tucson. Sunset after a long hot day of area survey.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:19 am 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

NICE one!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:24 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

bet it felt good to have that sun go down

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:22 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

The sun going down and the cold beer we were drinking, yup felt pretty good.
This is the type of stuff we were looking for. These pictures are from Canyonlands national park but you get the idea. Canyonlands-National-Park-_Horseshoe-Shelter-pictographs-_10622.jpg
Canyonlands-National-Park-_Horseshoe-Shelter-pictographs-_10622.jpg [ 120.16 KiB | Viewed 8592 times ]
Canyonlands_National_Park_1.jpg
Canyonlands_National_Park_1.jpg [ 88.05 KiB | Viewed 8592 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:41 pm 

Neat pics! Complete with pre-historic graffiti! ;) SW

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:30 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Prehistoric graffiti and don't forget the ancient allen visitor cr err, umm, I mean stuff that some people see in the pictographs.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:36 pm 

That's what happened to the Anasazi - they were transported to another - and better galaxy. 8-) SW

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:48 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...how bout sumthin different....a time exposure of a night cat launch of an F4 in full afterburner......camera was solidly mounted...the jiggling is from the vibration of the launch... :grin: ....we hadda sleep thru these below decks if you werent up... :rotflma: ...I'm sure owd wullie remembers.... ;)

misc new_0006sm.jpg
misc new_0006sm.jpg [ 141.76 KiB | Viewed 8585 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:57 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....and now for sumthin' completely different.....a shot from Rome....typical billboard(s)....back in '74 I think...a wide assortment of ads from booze to movies at the time....some of which ya'll might recognize-which would help date it...just thought it would be an interesting slice of everyday life there back then... :crzy:

BnW negs batch5_0036sm.jpg
BnW negs batch5_0036sm.jpg [ 252.32 KiB | Viewed 8585 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:58 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

these are really fun ,

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:49 am 
PFC
PFC

Image here is one i took about 1990 with kodak 100 HC slide film.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:02 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

We want some hoggers B&W photos.....the GOOD ones please :crzy:

:Dbounce:

He will wait till his boss is napping and dig some out and post..... :jmp:

Marc