[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - ...since ya like F-4's...

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:28 am 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...a few more for you... :Dbounce:

Image61rs.jpg
Image61rs.jpg [ 486.89 KiB | Viewed 8212 times ]

Image287rs.jpg
Image287rs.jpg [ 152.9 KiB | Viewed 8212 times ]

Image239sm.JPG
Image239sm.JPG [ 312.24 KiB | Viewed 8212 times ]

Image240adjrs.jpg
Image240adjrs.jpg [ 129.69 KiB | Viewed 8212 times ]

....however...I AM partilal to the old RA-5C Vigilantes.... :jmp:

Image32rs.jpg
Image32rs.jpg [ 402.3 KiB | Viewed 8212 times ]

Image115wp.JPG
Image115wp.JPG [ 354.32 KiB | Viewed 8212 times ]

Attachments:
Image240adjrs.jpg
Image240adjrs.jpg [ 129.69 KiB | Viewed 8212 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:51 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Those pics brought back a flood of memories... involving napalm and 500 pounders. Vulcans... And when the pilot kicks loose a canister of napalm - points the nose up at a steep angle and lights the ABs, it's quite a sound. SW

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:39 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

Image104wpcopy.JPG
Image104wpcopy.JPG [ 360.14 KiB | Viewed 8201 times ]

....more F4's added later ;)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:41 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

nice , thanks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:47 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Wow! Those are amazing! Thanks for sharing!

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:35 am 
LCDR
LCDR

:jmp: SWEET :jmp:

Image Image [img]

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Seller ... ser=956475

http://stores.ebay.com/workenladyo8?_rdc=1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:28 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...a few more....when I get time-better ones...

Image124rs.jpg
Image124rs.jpg [ 494.68 KiB | Viewed 8175 times ]

Image116rs.jpg
Image116rs.jpg [ 178.22 KiB | Viewed 8175 times ]

Image103rs.jpg
Image103rs.jpg [ 130.27 KiB | Viewed 8175 times ]

Image142cropdWP.JPG
Image142cropdWP.JPG [ 173.38 KiB | Viewed 8175 times ]

Image143sm.JPG
Image143sm.JPG [ 198.42 KiB | Viewed 8175 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:50 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i like that "T" shirt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:15 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:11 pm 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

I was sitting on the runway in B'ham one evening, waiting, with the door open,waiting on the pilot of the private plane I was in....a little twin 'puddle jumper' loaded with lab specimens(we were headed to Louisville where the main lab was, and my meeting scheduled)....anyways...it was about dark-thirty and a Phantom was sitting there, doing his checks, cool lights etc.......weeeelllll......I had never been within 200yds of a fighter jet, and when he throttled up/then down.....I couldn't slap my hands over my ears fast enuff...... :ow:

my ears rang for about a hour after that!!!!!

can't imagine the noise on a flight deck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :kap:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:44 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...it wasnt just on the flight deck-it was below deck too...and back at the base.....the "muffs" we had for protection werent all that great-and not always at hand for some of us....I just chalk it up as 'part of the job' :lol
....and I've long since gotten used to the tinnitis... :crzy:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:52 pm 

When they dropped ordnance & the humidity was just right, you could see the "boom" coming right at you. The shock wave condensed it enough to make it visible. **boom** SW

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:56 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....yup....and you sure felt it when it got to you too... :-o .....sometimes I wish I had a video cam back then... :-?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:01 am 
The Knife
The Knife

Back in Jan 93 I was sitting in a tree stand just south of Selma, AL and kept hearing sonic booms. They were at some distance so it was just a boom.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:42 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

great pics!! Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:12 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

BOY, that brings back memories. I was an "ordie" in VA-82 on the USS AMERICA when we went WESTPAC.
Worked CAG arming on the port bow cat. Those damn F-4's were launching right beside me. GREAT sport when you hear something different and turn to see WTF just in time to see an F-4 getting dragged bouncing down the cat sideways because the bridle broke. I thought REAL serious about going over the side on that deal.

I liked the VIGI's too EXCEPT when the damn nose gear collapsed on landing. Heavy Three had 2 of those happen on our cruise. BOTH times the guys punched out.

Got some slides that FIL took back in the 50's when he was on the Coral Sea. Got to get 'em transferred over to digital and post 'em. Some OLD time jet stuff from the USN in that pile.

Willie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:49 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...yeah....I hear you on the Vigi nosegear....we lost one from Heavy11 on night ops in very heavy seas....he crossed the fantail just as the aft end rose and he hit hard before the #1 wire(actually punched a hole in the deck...I've still got the pics)....he went sliding across the deck with his magnesium wheels sparking and burning over the angle deck and they never had a chance to eject....never found the bodies or plane....that hurt bad as I'd just briefed them before they launched....damn good guys...lost a few others during that cruise too... :-? ....A7's eh???...we had VA-37 and VA-105 to keep us company... :lol
...I just got a new scanner and have been spending a lotta time scanning hundreds and hundreds of negatives and slides from thnose days...got a bunch more I can post if you like but now that its back to work time I'll have to wait till next weekend unless I get a break during the week :roll: ...
.......you been hangin around Elmer Fudd???... :rotflma: ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:08 pm 

Welcome to the madness, Wullie! :welcome: :bigrin: I'm looking forward to more of your pics! SW

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:44 am 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

Hey Y'all,

Thanks for the welcome. I stay away from Elmer every chance I get. :p

I'm enjoying pilfering around and reading. I'll be sure and wipe my feet before I step in. :P

I'll get some of my stuff up for ya. I need to scan what I managed to keep from my cruise. Most of of my picture stuff "disappeared" toward the end of the cruise. Some thieving bastard thought he was getting something good I guess.

Yeah, we were an A-7 outfit. They were damn good for the ordy's. We'd jump in and help the jarheads from VMF-333 or the knotheads from VF-74 finish their load outs every now and then when things got crazy. I wasn't fond of the F-4 because the damn wings were so low. Those guys would help us too if it was needed.

The poor bastards in VA-33 had downloaded a million lbs before we got a million loaded on that cruise. Their A-6's were tired and went down on the line with alarming frequency.

I owe most of hearing loss to those damned A-6's. Those stupid radio headsets we had to wear on CAG arming weren't as good the regular Dave Clarks and those A-6's just plain HURT!

My asshole really puckered up when I heard the air boss announce "whale on final." Didn't happen very often, but when it did, I hunted a hole.

I'll see if I can get some pics up this week for ya.

Willie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:46 pm 
The Knife
The Knife

Willie, another :welcome: to our little home.

When I was at Lackland they would crank those jet engines up in the middle of the night and they were at another base, Brooks I think.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member