[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Mario & Wullie...

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mario & Wullie...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:08 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

...I hope you have no personal experience with this! :-o SW

OMG1.jpg
OMG1.jpg [ 40.83 KiB | Viewed 4279 times ]

Post subject: Re: Mario & Wullie...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:15 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

Now THAT's a major oops ....

A

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:35 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...not like that....Wullie wouldve had more of an opportunity bein' an ordie... :lol ....I had a couple "other" close calls though-one in particular involving an E-2 prop getting a tad too close one of the JBD's....amazing the damage a shattered prop can do to other aircraft,steel walls,and human flesh... :-o

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:49 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

nothing says move like live ordnance

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:59 pm 

Even if the fuse hasn't activated, that's still a GTFO moment! SW

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:40 am 

Hawkeye? Here's a gaggle of E-2 pics... from a sneeky Russian site. SW

http://www.webpark.ru/comment/grumman-e-2-hawkeye

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:32 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...yup.....Hawkeyes....but the ones in those pics are MUCH newer-props entirely different...more blades on 'em....here's some from the Sara circa '73-74 ish....including a pic of one parked and nestled between the other aircraft-AFTER the accident....look at the one pro-or whats left of it...it wasnt fun... :-?

Image249sm.jpg
Image249sm.jpg [ 490.28 KiB | Viewed 4250 times ]

Image194sm.jpg
Image194sm.jpg [ 723.09 KiB | Viewed 4250 times ]

Image113sm.jpg
Image113sm.jpg [ 199.74 KiB | Viewed 4250 times ]

Image134sm.jpg
Image134sm.jpg [ 178.36 KiB | Viewed 4250 times ]

Attachments:
Image107sm.jpg
Image107sm.jpg [ 119.95 KiB | Viewed 4250 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:02 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

Just saw the pic.

I can relate. I worked CAG ( Carrier Air Group) arming. My station was outboard on the port bow cat. That meant I had F-4's and A-5's coming off the angle deck right behind/beside me. After you've been up there for a while, you get a sixth sense that tells you something just went wrong even if you don't see it. The noise ain't quite right or something.

We were ass deep in a launch cycle one morning and I'd just finished arming an A-6 and watching as he went to military power and readied to launch. I had my back to the waist cats when they launched an F-4 from VF-74. The bridle snapped on the starboard side and the bird was getting yanked down the cat track sideways. It had just broken when I looked up at the oncoming train wreck. That F-4 was hopping up and down and accelerating sideways all the while coming straight at my little area of security. I couldn't run inboard due to an A-6 sitting there at 110%. Outboard was a 90' drop to the water and the boat was moving at around 20 kts or better.

The F-4 was getting closer and had started to shake Sparrow III missiles from the launchers. Two of the four dropped. They hit the deck and proceeded to fly apart. Fins, motors, G&C sections, warheads, ceramic nose cones and all manners of shit was now flying and the F-4 still bounced on. He FINALLY got loose from the bridle and skidded to stop out in the center of the deck and missed every damn plane that was staged for the bow cats. The cat shoe shot what was left of the bridle half way across the Tonkin Gulf. Most of the Sparrow III shit went in the drink.

I found 2 nice chunks of that ceramic nosecone about a foot from where I was standing during the show. I kept them as they were great to sharpen knives on.