[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - ...a few weekend pics...

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ...a few weekend pics...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:01 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....oldest Daughter drove down with the grandkids for the weekend,and we also had the other grandaughter for the weekend so "mommy daddy" (as she sez) could have some fun....9 year old grandson had been bugging mom for a 'real bb gun' for a long time...well Grandpa hadda be the corrupter and so I gave him an old Daisy I've had sitting in the closet for decades-that did it...he was hooked...went thru the saftey rules and basic pointers but somehow couldnt convince him to not aim so 'scrunched up' but he said it felt better that way,and he was hitting the bull consistantly -and it was keeping him occupied and out of trouble....it went home with him ;)
IMG_3686.JPG
IMG_3686.JPG [ 1.99 MiB | Viewed 9481 times ]

...had a bonfire out back in the evening...oldest daughters 2 were thrilled as they've never been around one,but youngest grandaughter was a 'pro' at the experience... :lol
IMG_3687sm.jpg
IMG_3687sm.jpg [ 378.03 KiB | Viewed 9481 times ]

....and of course I did the obligatory feeding of the masses....made a 8lb pork loin that I stuffed and covered in bacon and also babysat in the smoker lo-and-slo most of the afternoon.....came out perfect-no leftovers..... :Dbounce:
IMG_3684sm.jpg
IMG_3684sm.jpg [ 395.17 KiB | Viewed 9481 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:23 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Your grandkids are cuties! :bigrin: And them piggy parts are lookin' pretty darn good, too! SW

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:06 am 
The Knife
The Knife

Now you went and done it with the grandson. :rotflma: :rotflma: You made nim a gun nut.

You are making me hungry and it is too early for lunch.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:59 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

dittos what steve said , those are great looking grandkids - like seeing the smiles , they were having fun ,

and im with RAD on the hungry , my stomach just started growling loud enough to wake the wife from her evening knap

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:55 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....by the way,that pitchfork that they are holding is(was) my wife's grandfathers-at least 100 years old and still in great shape and functional,and used on a regular basis....and reminds us uf him every time its used... ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:03 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

luv havin the old tools to remind , i have a couple myself , often others dont get the connection , but its what we do to remember , its important , hope my kids remember when they inherit or "borrow" them ...........

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:08 am 
The Knife
The Knife

I have a old adze that my mother had.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:41 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

OK - what is that RAd ??? i never heard of one of those

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:48 am 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:11 am 
The Knife
The Knife

They were used to shape and smooth logs when building log homes. The one I have could a good sharpening.

A square do a google on them.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:10 pm 

"Pioneer lumber mill". SW

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:41 pm 
Oh Paris!!!
Oh Paris!!!

My bad.....I was thinking the adze was a mattox.... :crzy:

Marc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:03 am 
The Knife
The Knife

Here is a page for info on the adze.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adze

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:27 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

aha - did not know that was what that was called , ive only seen a large spoke shave used for that purpose , and i watched a real craftsman work the logs for the two log banks i built years ago , its a two handed version that give a bit more control in stripping the logs --- and making spokes , but i see the usefulness of that implement for sure - all of them discussed above

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:48 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Did the bacon cost more than the pork roast? Scary times indeed.

The roast would go well with….

1) White rice
2) Seasame oil in a small bowl with salt in the bottom for dipping.
3) Roasted garlic cloves on the side
4) Romane lettuce to wrap it up with (optional).

Ah, and to make it complete, kimchi. Yeah, I usually eat unsmoked bacon with the above, but the roast looks really GOOOOOOOD.

Putting together reloading bench tonight. Engineer daughter is some help.

Best Regards,

Mark

BTW, daughter not really fond of my arsenal, so sad.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:11 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, pork! The other white meat :bigrin: I do pork loin on a rotisserie, put on a mix of seasoning/dry rub. Kinda sear it first and then turn the heat (propane) way down, slather on some sauce through out the process as that creates a nice crust and seals in the juices. Takes an hour or so for an average size pork loin, sometimes need to truss it up with butchers twine.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:55 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:39 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:54 pm 

Fixed it. SW

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:40 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Board's running a little better too! Actually get to the reply page after the log-in prompt.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon