[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Big white butts

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Big white butts
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:05 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Thought this bunch was deer until I noticed the white butts - which deer don't have. Bighorns don't come down to the flats very often. Not the greatest pic, but if you look closely, there's a nice ram laying down.

I didn't try to get too close - no sense making them run off. SW

sheeps 004 (1024x562).jpg
sheeps 004 (1024x562).jpg [ 307.37 KiB | Viewed 5905 times ]

sheeps 006 (881x422).jpg
sheeps 006 (881x422).jpg [ 176.59 KiB | Viewed 5905 times ]

Post subject: Re: Big white butts
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:29 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

wow - they actually look sorta out of place there , but when your hungry and restless .....

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:08 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Is that near you?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:32 am 

Yes - 8 miles from my front door. Saw 'em when me & the mutt were returning from our usual short hike. Came home & grabbed a camera - they were still there. They are used to biologists and aren't a bit spooky. Still, I didn't try to get too close. SW

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:25 pm 
The Knife
The Knife

Saw a show on the outdoor channel where the guy was bow hunting a Mt goat that were so used to hikers that all he had was sit close to the trail and got his goat. Looked like the might be more than one nice ram is the group.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:23 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

Ram looks just about throphy size :bigrin:

A

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:56 am 

There's a "full curl" hat rack out there, but I'm not sure if he's in this pic. SW

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:58 am 
The Knife
The Knife

I'll bet a ticket for one is extremely hard to come by.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:05 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

Are they edible ?
Are you allowed to shoot these ?
Or if not, can you get away with it ?
:bigrin: A

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:22 am 

The state sells two big horn permits a year. One goes as a lottery. It costs $100 to have your name in the lottery, and the state keeps all the entry money. The other is put up for auction. People have been paying $10,000 and up to shoot a big ram.

I'd rather get one of the elk permits - also allocated by lottery.

Quick elk war story... My main man & I were hunting turkeys on state property up by Crow Butte 3 years ago. I was at least 2 miles from the nearest road and working my way back toward the pickup. While going down into a ravine so I could follow a game trail up to the next butte, I came face to face with a cow elk. Probably 50 feet away. It just stared at me... I could have killed it with a 357 pistol.

But. It would have taken all that day and most of the next to cut it up and pack it out. I don't think I would have fired. Saw a mountain lion just after that. It was putting the sneak on 3 small mule deer does. I went out of my way not to spook the deer. The lions gotta eat, too. SW

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:19 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I fully expected Russian babes. Oh the horror…….

Best Regards,
Mark