[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - this year has been a very different one for me

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:19 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

well , i did not add an enfield this year , am looking for a few but what im looking for are not real common here ,

i added a flintlock that i had not really expected ,

i added four 22cal handguns , an H&R revolver , a colt frontier scout , a hi-standard 101 , and a short barrel mkI ruger ,

i added a kimber 45 compact for carry [matches my big one rather well ] already have holsters , a sig 1911-22 for fun , a sig SS 1911 with viredian light/green laser and holster ,

i added a winchester 9422 and a nylon 66 apache black ,

i added a 45LC 1860 henry for cowboy action

i also added a second WZ-78 that is in transit and a dan wesson 22 revolver that wont show up till january - it was an interesting year to say the least ,

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:26 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Nice assortment! I can't believe how the plastic Rem 22s have gone up in price! SW

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:50 am 
The Knife
The Knife

Nice assortment. I didn't get to add anything to my collection but did sell a couple K89ks.

Will be looking to add to my Encore barrel selection and a suppressor in 2015 if I can squeeze the funds out.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:48 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I think one revolver should be counted as a rifle and not a handgun. Eee Gads, what is that thing?

Best Regards,

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:15 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

ya hey , i saw that H&R and said "self , that has to go home with me " i had never seen one like it before , ive yet to shoot it because a curvaceous young thing that we met up with that day [ive known her for a while now ] said she gets to be first , planning to take her to the range when the weather permits ,

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:16 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Nice pre-XTR 94-22!
I have one in .22 Mag that is a tack-driver with the 50 gr Fed fmj.
It was loaned to b.i.l. and came back with a busted stock. I found a replacement and went with a plain Danish oil finish. Just about the last u.s. made guns to come out of u.s.r.a.c....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:31 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

yes indeed she is - the source for that has a few other winchesters for sale , most are commemoratives that dont catch my eye , and there is another of that black remington nylons too ,

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:28 am 
The Butcher
The Butcher

I like the 9422. Got one as well.
It's the first "real" gun I ever owned and the last one I'll ever get rid of.
I can still recall the smell of the first rounds I fired one snowy december day in 1976.
BRGDS, A

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:03 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

ahhh , 1976 , i had just bought my first house - and so began the sale of guns to finance projects ,

ive only recently bought back all but one of what i lost , i was so foolish when i was young , but i will find /one day/ just the right mossberg palomino to fill that hole , actually that colt frontier scout represents one of the replacements even tho i now have a pair of those ,

i did buy a couple others this year but they were project rifles and not yet worthy of inclusion , but im working on them , i have determined that one needs mostly TLC and some replacement screws - it will be the easier , the other needs a new butstock and probably forearm , but its a worthy save a 1909 model 1906 winchester pump - to keep company with my "replacement" model 1890

the better of the two projects , a remington model 12 -

oh and two other impulse buys i cannot explain exactly save that i wanted them ,

impulse #1 , savage -

impulse #2 , remington model 33 -

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:47 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Very nice! Excuse me while I drool a bit.... :P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:30 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:13 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i dont know yet , have not had chance to shoot it but it certainly is boastful for a pea shooter aint it ? :D