[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - RR pics again

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: RR pics again
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:31 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

I scored a small Canon on sale & will take it on vacation next year. Took it along on the train for a test run. Not too bad. SW

BN welders cutting in a new piece of rail. They have just ignited a thermite bomb to fuse the rail.
rr2 001 (1024x905).jpg
rr2 001 (1024x905).jpg [ 436.2 KiB | Viewed 5783 times ]

Bill ahoy! The wide spot called Bill is shown from about a mile away. The blue structure bottom center is the BN section house. Grey motel to the right & red Bill store to the left. Except for the rail yard, that's pretty much it.
rr2 008 (1024x600).jpg
rr2 008 (1024x600).jpg [ 308.82 KiB | Viewed 5783 times ]

Having a blast! The greasy yellow cloud is from a shot at N Rochelle mine. Toxic as heck!
rr2 009 (1024x768).jpg
rr2 009 (1024x768).jpg [ 342.39 KiB | Viewed 5783 times ]

Weather coming. The white spots are a gaggle goats (antelope) bunching up for a storm that's blowing in tomorrow.
rr2 014 (1024x958).jpg
rr2 014 (1024x958).jpg [ 362.82 KiB | Viewed 5783 times ]

Trees? We don' need no steenkin' trees!
rr2 023 (1024x768).jpg
rr2 023 (1024x768).jpg [ 313.57 KiB | Viewed 5783 times ]

Wanna buy a locomotive? Cheep? REAL cheep? There's a line of unusable EMD motors over a mile long in the yard @ S Morrill. Cracked frames & generally worn the heck out. I think the RR is waiting for the scrap metal market to peak out.
rr2 027 (1024x703).jpg
rr2 027 (1024x703).jpg [ 327.71 KiB | Viewed 5782 times ]

Post subject: Re: RR pics again
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:17 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Good Pics Hogger. Makes me homesick for the wide open of WY. And goat neck roast with onions,carrots and taters, yuuuuum.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:33 am 

I've been seeing some honker bucks and bull elk... they vanish when you have a camera. SW

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:22 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

hope for scrap metal going up is not restricted to your yard , ours is full as well , we are reaping the rewards of lower cost vs estemated costs , but that fluctuates real fast , our scrap cost is totally dependent on this price tho

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:31 pm 

I'm still messing around with the new point & shoot to get a feel for it. Took a few more shots just for grins.

1) If the engr has his head in the game, the cond's job isn't too hard. Actually the hard part is staying awake. If anyone ever tells you they haven't falling asleep on a train, they are full of it.
rr2 005 (1024x768).jpg
rr2 005 (1024x768).jpg [ 324.53 KiB | Viewed 5733 times ]

2) The most dangerous thing we do... switching haz mat like fuming nitric acid? Nope. Riding in vans. Van companies get the quality people for which they pay, but they don't pay much.
rr2 006 (1024x709).jpg
rr2 006 (1024x709).jpg [ 395.95 KiB | Viewed 5733 times ]

3) Hi Dee Ho trailer park Bill, Wyo. Not a great place to live - a 100 mile round trip just to buy a few gro or rent movies.
rr2 007 (1024x570).jpg
rr2 007 (1024x570).jpg [ 258.99 KiB | Viewed 5733 times ]

4) NACCO Jct. ( North Antelope Coal Company) I'm hanging a right into N Antelope mine. Must have been a hot train - the BN disp is holding a BN load - on the left. On the right is the BN helper set with crew snoozing until someone stalls on a grade & calls for a shove.
rr2 012 (1024x758).jpg
rr2 012 (1024x758).jpg [ 423.75 KiB | Viewed 5733 times ]

5) "Baloney bulls" waiting for the market to improve & a one way trip to a packing plant. Bedded down for the day while the wind howls around them.
rr2 012 (1024x758).jpg
rr2 012 (1024x758).jpg [ 423.75 KiB | Viewed 5733 times ]

I remained awake all night, and we lived to tell the tale. SW

Attachments:
rr2 004 (1024x757).jpg
rr2 004 (1024x757).jpg [ 425.71 KiB | Viewed 5733 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:57 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....you should drag out the 'crayons' and write the script and take along a camera crew....this would make a great documentary for NATGEO or even PBS... ;)....you know there's a good batch of RRbuffs out there that would love this-even though it may be routine to you ...might be suprised that it'd bring in some Lira while you do fine tuning on "sappy novels"...:Dbounce:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:13 pm 

I doubt the Evil Empire big wigs in Omaha would take kindly to seeing their dedicated employees in REM sleep while the train is moving.

Narrow minded bastages! ;) :bigrin: But we get trains over the road.

Top pic is two good guys - known the cond for a lot of years & the brakie is shirt tail relation. I'd take them any day! They might snore & goof off, but they know their stuff when it's time to work.

And! Next time you have a baloney sammich, think of those bulls on the open prairie in a 40 MPH wind @ +15 degrees. I likes me some fried baloney! SW

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:14 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i love seeing those , always and hearing you describe them ,

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:42 am 
The Knife
The Knife

I see one of the BNSF engines here now and then.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:02 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

BNSF equipment is the most common here , and we get a lot of trains through here on a daily basis , enough to inspire a lot of new hazmat plans and training for first responders - i work with some that have been getting the training , we get a lot of oil , coal , contained gas cars often stacked up on the sidetrack waiting for oncoming to by-pass and make way ,