[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Nikon camera pic for Doc

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nikon camera pic for Doc
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 4:05 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

This would probably void the warranty! ;) Navy SEALs training to put the sneak on bad guys & photograph their layout. SW

Attachments:
pic1.jpg
pic1.jpg [ 189.53 KiB | Viewed 11388 times ]

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 8:18 pm 
Major
Major

Canon binoculars.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 8:26 pm 

For some reason I figured they'd have Steiners. SW

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:58 pm 
Major
Major

I am way out of date. I did not realize until tonight that they make image stabilized binoculars, but I guess it makes sense. If they make image stabilized lenses why not binoculars. Doh!

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 2:19 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Late to the party. Been doing ceramic tiles at work, which is really intensive on the labor side of things.

I would not put a camera or binoculars to work in those conditions. Those autofocus lenses have motors that are very susceptible to sand incursion. Tons of openings on the lens body for sand to get in. A nikonos in it's factory water proof housing would be a better tool for the job.

I don't recognize the camera body. Could be military issue only, in the vein of the F-3's that were made for the Nasa shuttle program...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:33 am 

Somebody should have read the instructions on changing rolls of film... SW

pic3.jpg
pic3.jpg [ 143.86 KiB | Viewed 11101 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:37 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

I think that's a D-3000 the fox is chewing on.
The neoprene "leatherette" those are wrapped in is some pretty tough stuff. Fox teeth not likely to make a mark in it. The composite resin top-plate, not so much. Carbon fibre is tough stuff, but marks easily...

High cute factor in that pic. Thanks for posting! :bigrin:

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:51 pm 
Major
Major

I sometimes think that they are chewing on things because of the salt. I know I have had propane hoses chewed on by rodents where my hands had grabed attachment points and salt from perspiration probably transferred there.

As far as the sand incursions. I would not place my personal camera in that kind of environment, but since it is military it is expendable or not. If not then someone is going to get a lecture or a bill.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:54 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

pretty cool equipment , i would love to get to play with some of that ,

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:02 am 

Apparently foxes like Nikons. Leica are too expensive for them? Can't find an affordable Rollei TLR? But here we go again - fox and Nikon. SW

pic1a.jpg
pic1a.jpg [ 71.06 KiB | Viewed 10997 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:59 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Looks like an F-4. Definitely my tripod head under it. The lens could be anything, but my money's on a Nikkor zoom super telephoto of some kind. They actually made a few like that with the tripod socket on the lens body... Early to mid 80's is my best guess.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:18 pm 

Speaking of TLRs, I scored a 2-fer at a garage sale once upon a time. Mamiya C-33 and C-220 for $50.

Nice enough cameras, but a bit too bulky to toss in the truck for photos of opportunity. Sold one for the $50 and the other went to a friend in Kiev. SW

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:30 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

I actually had an agfa tlr. The lens and board on it were a bit wide at 6.5 cm focal length. It got traded off for something else because I couldn't find a longer lens for it. The waist level finder with the magnifier was very precise, and the taking lens was a good kreuznach Schneider, if a little slow at f 3.5....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:29 am 

Chipmunks will pose for pistachios. (Looks like a Nikon) SW

pic5.jpg
pic5.jpg [ 84.12 KiB | Viewed 10266 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:20 am 

More Nikons... and a very annoyed bird.
pic7.jpg
pic7.jpg [ 231.18 KiB | Viewed 10121 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:15 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

but a couple pretty girls ??? ...........just sayin ,

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:15 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Not sure if there's any Nikon's in the last one. One Canon T/I and possibly a cool-pix something or other in the center. Foreground dslr could be a D-700, but it doesn't strike me as a Nikkor lens....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:07 am 

Not Nikon stuff, but still a cool old school photography kit. SW

pic1c.jpg
pic1c.jpg [ 103.19 KiB | Viewed 9815 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:35 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Looks like an old Russian Leica clone.
Probably be a decent kit for some one with a deep wallet.
Is that a stereo-scopic lens near center?

Might be a grab if the shutter is still good...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:47 pm 

I lifted the pic from a Russky site that never captions pics, but it is a Russian kit. SW