[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Oldies!

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Oldies!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:14 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

While looking for something else earlier today, I found these 2 cameras I've had for quite a while. I used to buy all kinds of camera junk at garage sales.

First is a Kodak TLR I thought took a different film. Nope - takes 620. As well as I recall, I got this at a garage sale for a next to nothing.

cameraz 012 (2).JPG
cameraz 012 (2).JPG [ 1.26 MiB | Viewed 2796 times ]

cameraz 011 (2).JPG
cameraz 011 (2).JPG [ 1.17 MiB | Viewed 2796 times ]

Nearby was my trusty "Brick". I actually ran a couple rolls of Tri-X through it but don't remember anything about the results.

cameraz 013 (2).JPG
cameraz 013 (2).JPG [ 1.37 MiB | Viewed 2796 times ]

cameraz 014 (2).JPG
cameraz 014 (2).JPG [ 1.67 MiB | Viewed 2796 times ]

cameraz 015 (2).JPG
cameraz 015 (2).JPG [ 817.19 KiB | Viewed 2796 times ]

Post subject: Re: Oldies!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:58 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

I'm pretty sure that kodak is one that my grandad had.
They usually sold with an m-type flash socket and reflector.

I was just thinking about tooth and wheel cam focusing last night.
You might do well to list your Argus on Kijiji or similar.
There's a bit of a market for them now.
Apparently, the "street" photography crowd holds this sort of thing in esteem~ especially if the shutter still fires...

Like your photos of these old cameras.
The hooded lamps are a nice touch.
I try to use a hooded 15 W LED floor lamp from time to time.
It needs boosting from a 60 W incandescent bulb from the side in most situations.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

"Oh Yeah!.....All Right!" -Paul Simon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:53 pm 

Found another when I put the above 2 back on the shelf - my Ansco folder w/ bellows.
I carried this one for a few months and found it has great glass. I retired it in favor of my OM-1 and a 135/5.6 lens since I took a lot of rural pics & no option for an interchangeable lens here.

I had to mess with it & finally recalled how to pop the back for loading film. There's also a lever on the lens I *think* has to be reset for each shot... but I'm at least smart enough to not get mean with it.

It's actually a neat little camera. SW

cameraz2 003 (2).JPG
cameraz2 003 (2).JPG [ 1.64 MiB | Viewed 2773 times ]

cameraz2 004 (2).JPG
cameraz2 004 (2).JPG [ 1.31 MiB | Viewed 2773 times ]

cameraz2 005 (2).JPG
cameraz2 005 (2).JPG [ 1.29 MiB | Viewed 2773 times ]

cameraz2 006 (2).JPG
cameraz2 006 (2).JPG [ 1.29 MiB | Viewed 2773 times ]

cameraz2 007 (2).JPG
cameraz2 007 (2).JPG [ 1.08 MiB | Viewed 2773 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:56 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

One of the enlarges at u. Photo dept had an agfa lens.
It was the equal of my beloved Schneider Kreuznach, especially by f5.6.
That is likely a very good piece of W. German glass.
I have had the Prontor shutter before, on an old agfa TLR..
Yours appears to be fairly modern, with an x-sync.
Mine was pretty warm with c-41 film....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:12 pm 

Back in the day, I was cruising garage sale ads before setting out to look for bargains. Saw one advertising a "Wollensak" camera. The light blub came on and over I went to find that lens on a 4X5 Speed marked $30. Didn't take me long to peel out the cash.

Ordered sheet film stuff from Shutterbug and away I went. Mario has it now. SW

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:59 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

A 4x5 speed graphic with complete lens and lens board and a couple of film holders was listed here a few months ago for well north of 900.00. The listing only lasted a day.

Wollensak made and ground the lenses for the original Winchester "A" series scopes.
They also did camera lenses a bit- not only for the graphic series, but also the larger field and view cameras.
I don't think they are that common. They are not often seen or heard of.
Beautiful precision glass though. A contact print from a negative made with one of those lenses is a thing of true beauty...
A friend had one on an 8 x 10 view camera. IIRC, it was about 250mm or so.
Breath taking prints from it, with medium speed sheet film.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail