[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Random Pic

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Random Pic
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:27 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

just some random stuff, most shot with a DSLR in auto mode with the funky lens it came with,

random cat from a BnB we stayed at once,
he was laid out in front of me one afternoon, and flipped his head back

beautiful eye color, and very friendly

Attachments:
bnbcatyy.jpg
bnbcatyy.jpg [ 130.39 KiB | Viewed 12030 times ]

Post subject: Re: Random Pic
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:29 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

set up for a Garand Match I shot a few years ago,
did a poll in the old Minefield on what to shoot and the Garand was the choice of the masses

shot like poo, realized I had not competed with this particular Garand in 15 yrs or more,

fun was had tho, and that is what matters

it's a CMP post war rebuild less wood, and option in the late 90's that my brother from another mother (wpnsman) did the stock work for me,

Attachments:
garandyy.jpg
garandyy.jpg [ 99.13 KiB | Viewed 12029 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:30 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

my cat Charlotte,

not well focused, as a pic, but this was also when I was new to this camera
not an excuse, just what it is,

she be a purty kitteh

Attachments:
charlotteyy.jpg
charlotteyy.jpg [ 110.83 KiB | Viewed 12028 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:32 pm 
Major
Major

That is a unique stock.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:33 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Morning Glory I planted along the garden fence one year, early morning bright sun,
and a patch of Iris's that was at a BnB, another early morning , bright sun shot with the D5100 on auto

Attachments:
irisyy.jpg
irisyy.jpg [ 135.77 KiB | Viewed 12028 times ]
morningyy.jpg
morningyy.jpg [ 94.83 KiB | Viewed 12028 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:34 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:45 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

I think this was at my Mothers, don't know why I shot a pic of the car,

sadly, it was totaled, rear ended by a dip on a cell phone,

best car I ever had,

Attachments:
coopyy.png
coopyy.png [ 752.85 KiB | Viewed 12026 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:29 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

great photos , i agree on the match shooting gone bad event - its all about having fun ,

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:15 am 
Major
Major

Dash cam image of a double rainbow against a blue sky seems fairly random.

Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg [ 202.82 KiB | Viewed 11969 times ]

North bound out of Carson City.
Next exit takes me home.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:09 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:47 am 
Major
Major

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:22 pm 
Major
Major

my one and only bug pic
Katydid3.jpg
Katydid3.jpg [ 335.95 KiB | Viewed 11938 times ]

My younger son found it in one of the outbuildings and wanted to know what it was.
We took it's picture and looked it up. Haven't seen another since.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:45 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Attachments:
katy did.jpg
katy did.jpg [ 63.38 KiB | Viewed 11924 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:30 pm 
Major
Major

IMGP1858.jpg
IMGP1858.jpg [ 152.24 KiB | Viewed 11912 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:20 pm 
Major
Major

in_velvet kicking_it.jpg
in_velvet kicking_it.jpg [ 383.05 KiB | Viewed 11905 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:14 pm 
Major
Major

Compost Bin.jpg
Compost Bin.jpg [ 236.83 KiB | Viewed 11898 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:55 am 
Major
Major

IMGP3328.jpg
IMGP3328.jpg [ 321.74 KiB | Viewed 11889 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:54 pm 
Major
Major

older son-
His mother, my ex, was big on birthday parties.
Behind us was a room full of people in a rented ice cream shop.
Jake&Snow3.jpg
Jake&Snow3.jpg [ 155.53 KiB | Viewed 11872 times ]

My task was to take pictures and make sure everyone got copies.
You're looking at the one I thought worth saving.

Pentax K1000, Plus X film (probably), 50mm normal lens

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:45 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Going out on patrol.

Attachments:
File comment: Going out on patrol
IMG_0465-a.jpg
IMG_0465-a.jpg [ 106.16 KiB | Viewed 11784 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:07 pm 
Major
Major

There was a partial solar eclipse viewable from the house a few years ago and I set out to try to get a picture. Following what seemed like a good suggestion, I'd punched some small holes in a cardboard box. After taking it outside and trying to make up my mind how I was going to set up for the shot I looked down and saw my picture.

Went inside and grabbed the point and shoot simply because it was handiest, then went back out and took the shot you see. Turns out those little crescent shapes are what you get when the light from a partial eclipse filters through leaves, just as it does through a pinhole.
HPIM3965.jpg
HPIM3965.jpg [ 81.01 KiB | Viewed 11625 times ]

I had to look that up. I didn't know any of this before.

You'll notice some slats of a wooden bench seat and the Weber grill. You can even make out part of the cardboard box I was going to use. Remember the pic I was going to take using pinholes in a card board box? Those were intentional. What I didn't notice at the time was the shadow of my arm and the short stub of the camera strap. All the things I'd usually think of as clutter help make the picture by grounding all those little fuzzy crescents in reality.

Without the context, they're just fuzzy crescents. Mostly out-of-focus looking crescents at that.
slab.jpg
slab.jpg [ 54.42 KiB | Viewed 11625 times ]

Last edited by dragonsdad on Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.