[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - taking pictures

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: taking pictures
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:43 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

Post subject: Taking Pictures
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:32 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I do fairly well taking pictures of rifles so here is how I do it. I use a red felt cloth for a background. I think white would be better but I started with red. I have a board covered with the red felt and have pegs sticking out to hold the rifle. I set the resolustion on my camer to 2 meg. In addition to the regular light in my gun room I have four spot lights that shine down on the board where the rifle is. I use a tri pod, get the picture focused like I want and then set the 2 second timer so that I am not touching the camera. I very seldom use the flash on my camers. riceone

Forgot to mention, I crop every picture to just leave the rifle. That makes the picture larger and you just see only the rifle. riceone

RICEONE1.COM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:55 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....and I've never seen a bad photo from either of you fellas.....you always have good shots......

...I'd give you competition,but dont have a digicam... :roll: :lol ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:21 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

christmass is coming mario , make your list - you will love having a digital camera ,

i did keep my old nikon 35mm SLR [thats single lens reflex - not self loading rifle BTW] because i like the interchangeable lens options and the perspective correction is not available on the digital yet :D

i use a variety of backgrounds , they are correct lighting is everything and i have much to learn from the other posters , they do post great photos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:32 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....ooooooh...!!...shall I call you Santa Square...???? :grin: :grin: :grin:
...I also have my Minolta SRT-101 since 1970....but it aint digital....when I get one,i also want one with the interchangebal lenses and that 35mm style body-not these cute lil' box thingies.... :roll: ...aint gonna get one around here with finances as they are-so I assume Santa Square will fix me up..!!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :D :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:02 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

ill ask :-? , i was hoping your offspring would be feeling appeciative -

you dont need to spend a fortune to get a good working unit - mine was well under $200 and thats with a couple of those chips you store the photos on and a couple sets of rechargeables and a charger , im in love with the little bugger except they make the buttons too small for fat fingers and the print/symbols to small for old eyes ,

thats a far cry from the $2000 i put in the nikon slr with five lenses back in 71 , but i am still using the same tripod :D

Post subject: pictures
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:55 am 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

I asked up in test and didn't get an answer so thought I'd ask here.
How the heck do you post a picture here?
Be simple as I am not very computer savy.
Be gentle on me guys (sniff,I have been banned from the other web site for having a different opinion,sniff ) and feel so bad I think I'll go out and buy annother steyr.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:04 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Easy as pie! 8-) From the camera, load them into the pic file of your computey. Then upload them to a photohost like villagephotos.com or photobucket... you can do a search for other photohosts.

Once the images are uploaded to a photohost, right-click that image and take the URL from "properties".

When you post, click the [img]prompt%20and%20insert%20the%20URL%20of%20the%20pic%20from%20the%20photohost%20then%20click%20it%20again%20-%20it%20will%20be[/img] this time. No extra spaces - it has to be precisely like the photohost shows...

Like: http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2007-11/ ... tle001.jpg with the img brackets on either side.

The pic will appear in your post. :Thnku: SW

***Buy Steyrs? Yes!!! More is better!!! :bigrin: ***

Post subject: pictures
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:55 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

Sorry ,
I know I am technically and computer chalanged but even following directions I am unable to upload a photo.
Will keep trying but not tonight.
Have to go to work!

survivalist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:09 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Here's a freeware image manipulation program (similar to photoshop) and a free hostsite you can use.

http://www.gimp.org/

http://www.diino.com/

No need spending money on these things if you don't have to.

Don't feel alone about being PC challenged, I've had these programs and a topnotch MiniDV Camcorder with still capabilities and internal video editing for years now , and I still just scan film prints or magazine pages, or just lay the object I want an image of on the scanner bed.
I'm too lazy to read the camcorder instructions I guess.