Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:08 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

cowboy handguns - i think i mentioned and if i did not - well , i had three go down , like a fool i tried to clean my stainless 5 1/2 [the first i ever owned] at camp the night before - i lost the cylinder bushing in the grass and i never found it - no worries my local gunsmith took care of me and it is back up and running , but it was out for my june match ,

then on the first stage one of my backups locked up - later the second , so needless to say i was miffed , i sold one of them off after having it fixed - i could never trust it again , the other has become my third backup now but i think it will be gone as well once i get past the separation anxiety ,

i immediately bought two new ruger new vaquero 5 1/2s to be my main guns , the only one that held true was my 4 3/4 new vaquero centennial which is now my go-to backup , my stainless is the other ,

but ....my issue is the ones ive given up were 4 3/4s so i was short on 5 1/2 holsters - i ordered one to match my sets from planet optics , came today and i cannot say enough about their service and the item is brand new but discounted about 30% vs factory order , i am totally pleased save the breakin and character acquiring use it needs to be a perfect match to my regular gear , it will get there ...... so i have two complete sets including leather , i am back in my comfort zone with gear that i believe in albeit a little poorer , happy - life is good ,