Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:19 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

enderlin ND is a really nice range with really fantastic people , had a great time ,

i did have issues tho - first night while prepping the guns i lost the cylinder bushing in my 5 1/2" stainless - irritating but my own fault for being foolish and i had to go to the first backup , the stainless is one of my favorites as it was my first SASS purchase , i will keep it for nostalgic reasons even if it gives up on me , but i think it will serve my grandkids well down the road - always looked at it as my black powder substitute if i have to borrow ammo because it is so easy to clean and worry free ,

next day on the first stage i had the backup lock up solid after the first shot - no good reason and i tried everything on the clock i could to get it to go , four misses and had to go for my second backup , those held the rest of the match , i have repair parts ordered for the stainless , i fixed the backup and put it on the block , i wont keep something ive lost confidence in , it really made me mad , i ordered two new 5 1/2" rugers , they came in today , now i will have five , all is right in my revolver world ,

then on the first day first stage i had shotgun ammo issues - it was my paper reloads , must have swelled a bit as they would not go in the chambers , lucky i had some plastics on my belt , finished fine , but , second to last stage my right shotgun barrel would not fire the round , fail to cock-fluke i thought , but the last stage was shot as a single barrel , the neighbor loaned me his backup shotgun and the second day went fine , the shotgun came back from my gunsmith today working fine , next shoot ill be taking my backup ,

the rifle ran exceptionally well - i did have my backup rifle with me but did not need it , i have four so it figures that will never be the problem .... no issues at all with my 45 colt reloads [never have had - tex pete gave me the load and it has always worked fine]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:23 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

What caused the revolver to lock up? Trigger/cylinder spring break? SW

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:02 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

im not at all sure - it had no issues going in , tested fine , loaded fine , the primers were set and when i got to the reloading table and unloaded there was nothing - nothing evident that would cause this , that is why i put it on the block , its a clean gun , seldom used , bought as a backup , and hardly fired in the big picture - i doubt a hundred rounds through it , no confidence - not keeping that one ,

the other had an excuse - or i had a reservation to shooting it without that bushing in place although it looked as if it would work fine , i just did not want to do damage from stupidity , this one has served well since i started shooting SASS , it is a trooper , the issues ive had were always my own doing , high primers and mostly not cleaning , i could shoot through it with a little effort ,

i think crud washed loose in the shotgun cleanup before the match so ill not get rid of that , it now works fine , first ever issue with that in more years than i care to recall ,

as said my new rugers are coming in, arrived , ill not have those issues again , or at least not put up with them , i need to order one holster i think , no biggie as i like the 5 1/2s so much better than i thought i would back when , using one of each all these years let me know that i had misjudged the balance and sight radius , its the curse of getting into these things , you learn as you go and correct your mistakes at a cost , i seldom have issues with any excuse to buy more guns tho ,