Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: loading strips/pouches
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:25 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

last year at WOWS - wisonsin old west shooters , my friend received his new leather set and some loading pouches for cowboy action shooting , the maker and i had been acquainted for years but i never had him make me anything over the 15+ years ive known him , he keeps a low profile - not a bad thing for a guy that makes high quality gear but does it at home alone ,

anyway , my friend had him make a wallet like loading strip for stage loading , i liked them a lot , i had just aquired a set of 38s last year and had not gotten around to all thats needed to start shooting them , ive always shot 45colt , im still working on getting all the reloading set up and was concentrating on the components , im still short on small pistol primers but working on it ,

to shorten the story - sitting around the campfire with a couple adult beverages i mentioned liking his wallets and one thing led to another - i ordered six for this years shoot in august , told him i was in no hurry , i had my revolvers and rifle , leather , was working on reload components and was sufficient on what ive shot over the years to go a few more without worry , but wanted to expand my options ,

i was told with that amount of lead time there would be no issue , i got the text today that they are on the way - if i was a bit more tech savy i might figure out how to post the photo he sent , they are great , i should have them this week , i hope i find primers but if not ill still be set for when i do ,

i got my dies set , tumbled my brass , have it all resized and ready to load , i have powder , bullets and just need primers - working on that [i did pick the absolute worst time to add a new caliber to the mix] now ill have the loading wallets for the six stages , i already have enough 38spcl loaded for one major shoot if i choose to this year ,

we shoot six stages on the first day of major shoots , they get reloaded for the four stages for the second day that night , im pretty happy with the new option ill have this year , hoping to get my son into this ,

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:40 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i shot a photo with my phone and figured out how to send it by text to my friend , but have not figured out how to get it into my computer so i can post it yet , need a grandkid i think but not one of the six are here to help , havent set up email in my phone yet so i cant transfer it to that account to retrieve it here ,

i could dig out the digital camera and go that route but i need new batterys and we used the last of them in toys for the last birthday gifts , ill figure it out