[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - I love Levers

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I love Levers
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:36 am 
Corporal
Corporal

I love lever actions. Here are the few i have.

1895 marlin 45/70
1894 marlin 44 mag
1894 Winchester 30/30
1892 puma 454 Casull
Henry Goldenboy
Henry Standard

Anyone else like the levers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:58 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

I should say so! I collected old Marlin levers for over 30 years! I'll put up a few pics later on. SW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:12 pm 
Major
Major

I only got 1 a marlin 336rc in 30/30 and I love it.

my dad's got a few the 2 marlins are in 35 rem and 45/70
he wants to get one in 444 and 450marlin

nice collection of levers there heyzeus

gg

Old Thor ain't got nothing on me.

Gungrubber

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:38 pm 

Being too lazy to get a few from the safe, here's a pic I posted quite a while back on the sleazyboard site.

Top to bottom:

1) Special order 1893 in 32-40. It's a take down with a 28" barrel. VERY accurate, but I don't shoot it now due to the value.

2) Model 1895 large frame in 40-65. This one wasn't the first one made, but it was made first week of model production. It's so nice, I removed the rear firing pin that I not be tempted to shoot it.

3) Model 1892 in 32-20 caliber with vintage tang sight. Another very accurate rifle.

4) Model 410. This is a 410 shotgun Marlin made in 1929 & 1930 to boost stock sales. you bought 4 shares of Marlin preferred stock, you got your choice of one of these or a couple other scarce Marlin items. It takes the 2.5" 410. Made on the 1893 rifle frame. Not common at all.

When I get unlazy, I'll dig out a few more. :wink: SW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:09 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

very cool , ive got my recent purchae henry - guess i need more

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:18 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:18 pm 

I can't afford them anymore, either. I bought these in the early 70s. SW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:32 am 
Corporal
Corporal

While i think 44/40 is cool i will probably only get one more lever for a while. My wife wants a 357 mag lever. We looked at the puma and it is light enough for her. Plus i have a few pistols to go with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:51 am 

Post subject: Beautiful
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:22 am 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Those are all "keepers." You gents have some fine rifles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:31 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:14 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol at least ya ate well

Post subject: Re: I love Levers
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:25 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

Did I hear someone say lever action - I also love them and have;_

At least ten Stevens Favourites
One Stevens 44
One Spencer made by Burnside
One Sharps New Model 1863
Four Model 1892 Winchesters
One Model 1873 Winchester
Two Model 1892 Marlins
One Model 1897 Marlin
Two Model 38A Marlins
One Whitney Kennedy
Eight or so Martini rifles at least four of them .450/577

I sometimes as the mood takes me shoot all except the Spencer and the Sharps

Attachments:
File comment: Hopefully I have put on a photo which includes a couple or three of my lever actions
guns.JPG
guns.JPG [ 32.85 KiB | Viewed 12911 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:00 pm 
OUTLAW

very nice collection.if you ever in the waco TX area drop in and see the TX RANGER MUSEUM.you will need a bib. :D

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:47 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

NZEF,

Is your spencer an 1860 or 1865? (56-56 or 56-50) Nice collection. I love levers myself, mostly the Savage 1895-99's.

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:17 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

ill try to do a family portrait one day too -

hennry golden boy 22lr
marlin 39a 22lr
winchester windermusket 22sht
stevens 414 22lr
rossie M92 45lc

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:26 pm 
LCDR
LCDR

Nice stuff.I have a nice collection of levers also.They are about the nicest looking guns ever.The win.94 is so sleek and sexy looking you have to own at least 1.
The marlin with the streight stocks are nice 2.
I must have 30 levers or more.And still want more.

Image Image [img]

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Seller ... ser=956475

http://stores.ebay.com/workenladyo8?_rdc=1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:55 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

johnny - im not a lever collector per-sea , ive a few i recall from my youth that i have wanted and sought out - mostly 22cals ,
im still looking for just the right mosberg palimino , i had one of the most beautiful original rifles they ever produced , but that was the 60s , today ill be happy to get close ,

i also bought the rossie to shoot "cowboy" , i intend to buy another for side matches at my local SASS meets in 4570 , im currently using my vintage 1888 trapdoor , i DO NOT want to damage it -thus the stand in ,

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:23 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

I love my levers, wish I could afford more but these will do for now.

My wifes 30-30 Winchester, her Dad gave it to her new and it had never been fired until I came alone, a nice little gun

Marlin 1895, 45-70 I got this from a friend who left us way to soon.

Puma 454 Casull, A Christmas gift from my wife, this this is sweet and a real hog buster, with 45LC in it, it's like shooting a 22

Heritage Arms 45LC another Christmas present from my wife, just stuck it in there because it likes hanging out with the levers.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:10 am 
OUTLAW

my fav.levers
winchester black shadow "rifle" 24" barrel.I bought this just before winchester came out and said they were closing the factory.

my win big bore 375 win. its a winchester XLT and not a USRA.I have killed alot of deer with this one.

lyman 375 449 280 gr LFN GC 280 GR thumper.I have never recovered a bullet yet.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image