[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - the "new" marlin

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: the "new" marlin
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:30 pm 
OUTLAW

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/sh ... p?t=382033

http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/inde ... oard=179.0

guys just a heads up :-o stay away from the new rem/marlins.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image

Post subject: Re: the "new" marlin
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:51 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

That is just sad to see, I have my old Model 60 and my 1895 and I reckon that will be it for me buying Marlins, unless I come across a deal on an older one. If I were going to buy a new .22 lever it would definitely be a Henry for many reasons.

When will these companies learn that cutting corners is not saving them anything in the long run. What happened to the days when building a good product and standing behind it was the norm and all that was needed to be a success?

I do blame a lot of this on the unions, but in the end it still comes down to the jerks in the board room.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:51 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

I collected Marlins for over 30 years. Actually met Bill Brophy ( wrote the Marlin book) at a Marlin Collectors Assoc. meeting.

The end of an era. SW

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:31 pm 
OUTLAW

yup some sad stuff :cry:

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:12 am 

I always hoped the factory would heal up enough to start the Marlin Talk forum again.

I met a lot of cool people there - you, Doc Sharptail and kaintuck just to name 3. SW

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:49 am 
OUTLAW

those were the days.I never did blame marlin as it was going to be a matter of time before someone blew up a gun.the data posted by some members for the 45/70 rounds was just crazy.

pete

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:21 pm 

Another marlin talk guy has made quite a name for himself at gunboards. Bear 45-70 gets pretty drunked up before he posts, it seems.

He mostly posts on the CCW forum & some of his ideas are pretty wild to say the least.

The lesser life forms bait him & he gets even more irrational. Cusses & stuff.

He was okay on marlin talk - him & tubby the tuba went hunting a lot. Can't remember tubby's real name - I conversated with him about collector stuff.

Seems like a long time ago. SW

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:54 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

well - i really like my old golden mountie , and i just ordered a new 1895 cowboy , should be here in a few weeks , so i guess i got this word too late huh ?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:12 pm 
OUTLAW

Marlin made guns will have a JM on the left of the barrel near the receiver. Remington will have a REP on the right side of the barrel near the receiver.

mike take the time and read this write ups/rants on the new marlin.before you pick it up go over it with keen eyes.lots of problems.read the treads if it sucks tell them to mail it back.

http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/inde ... oard=179.0

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:34 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

thanks pete - i checked the thread out carefully , i see one of the last entries is this ......

"...
*Update-
After only 48 hours from the time I made contact with Marlins customer service, I have all the replacement parts including the butt stock. FedEx delivered the package this morning. I certainly can't ask any more from them than that. They have been more than helpful and eager to resolve this matter to my satisfaction, and have done so.
..."

glad to see this , but it doesnt excuse the initial shipment of quality control issues , i do know freedom group has a habit of wanting to ship and accept QC returns for some reason , to me it hurts your reputation to do so ,

THE ONLY real advantage i have with my particular order is "WHO" placed it , based on what bushmaster shipped him a couple months ago i expect this one to show up in as near perfect condition as any that leaves that factory , they certainly wont want this individual unhappy ,

but we shall see , and i will do as sugested and minutely inspect , if it goes back - the name on the box and note within will turn some heads in illion ,

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:43 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

well - canceled my order , the truth is marlin will not ship a lever this year and may not ship next - this from my inside source at remington and confirmed by the rep i canceled it with , said hed send me new ammo to test .....

but visit to my friend brought me thius in its stead -
well here she is - photos were quick , just picked her up and loaded her into the car for tomorrows trip to wisconsins state cowboy shoot , see if i can make her work for me , she sure is heavy ..........

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:17 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

That sure is nice. :D

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:43 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh

Shiny :bigrin:

Very Nice Mike

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:41 am 

I see a patch box & slant breech... this is a paper cartridge rig? SW

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:09 am 
The Knife
The Knife

Now that looks nice.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:42 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

straight out 45-70 metalic cartrige , the patch box is a carry over me thinks , but i put the screws from creedmore sight install in there for the next owner , hate to loose chit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:34 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:54 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

took her to wisconsin state cowboy shoot with every intent to try her out at long range , but i got there late - already well under way , next year me thinks ,

and they have a 22cal long range shoot too , so next year im bringing these -

i did run a stage with this - she works real nice -