Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:09 pm 
Feldmarschall
Feldmarschall

Moved from the old YW site:

gschwertley
In the Feb 2005 issue of "Field and Stream" there is an article entitled "The 50 Best Guns Ever". The Remington Nylon 66 is number 17 on that list. The comments, in part, are: "In 1959, over a period of 14 days, Remington's exibition shooter Tom Frye shot at 100,010 wood blocks thrown into the air, using two Model 66's. He hit all but six and had no malfunction. The Nylon 66 had a 41-year production run, and over a million were made".
Some more affirmation of what we already know about the Nylon 66. How about that missing only 6 wood blocks out of 100,010? Not too shabby.

yockey5
Quite a marksman! I think the blocks would have to be very big for me to hit them.

LoLo25643
I believe that when he did that he beat Ad Toperweins standing record for shooting blocks out of the air also.

nam barney
Over a million made?? Wow! You'd think with all of those, maybe just one of them could have made into my place!!!
Some day---- some day.
If I live long enough.
Nam

mikmarjon
I thought I remembered reading in here some where about the rememington nylon series.I don't have a 66 anymore but I do still have a 77 apache.
I've had this one since about 82 or so.The only difference between the two is that the 77 is clip fed and the 66 is tube fed.
A bunch of moons ago I put a dozen bricks or so thru it.They are really good shooting rifles.The rear site not only adjusts for elevation it also has a screw for windage.
The only difference between the 66 and the 77 is the fact that the 66 is tube fed and the 77 has a 5 or as in my case a 10 round clip.The clip is the hard part to find for them.

tetsau
How can I forget the Nylon 66. My dad bought me one in the early 70's. Seems like it was 76.00 buck's. I shot that thing till it should have fell apart. My only problem, being A kid was having the money for ammo. I walked countless acre's of soybean field's, cutting weed's for A 1.50 an hour. But that bought plenty of 22 shell's. I bought them at Western Auto. A hardware type store here in the midwest. That fed my Steven's single shot, which I still have and my Nylon 66, which somehow got away from me. I went to an estate auction A couple month's ago. They had 3 or 4 Nylon 66's. I couldn't believe it. They sold for 275.00 to 300.00 buck's. Guess I was a lucky kid, to start learning to shoot with that sweetie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:51 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i have a freind that has 8-10 of these , all diferent colors/finishes , im not how many diferent ones there are available , but he grabs up all he sees at prices id not pay