[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Mossberg classic Twentytwo Rifles.

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:38 pm 

Anyone else into collecting the classic old Mossberg .22 rifles?

1) Model 34 Singleshot
2) Model 152 semiauto carbine
3) Model 42M bolt-action
4) Model 146b bolt-action
5) Model 640KD .22Magnum bolt-action

Not shown are the Model 320bb Singleshot Boy Scout trainer and Model 40 bolt-action.

The M146b was bought for $40 as a rusted ruined basketcase. I thought to use the stock for a project. But..... I ran a patch through the bore and it came up clean and bright! She cleaned up very nicely indeed, and now is my favorite 'squirrel rifle'! The guy I bought it from said his Grandad (newly deceased) had stashed it under his trailer!

The M42 is wearing a Marble-Goss target rear aperture sight. It now wears a ringed front sight originally designed for a Ruger 10-22 - gives the effect of a globe front sight.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:37 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I like my 151k and am getting ready to trade a 142a off to A-Square

Welcome to the forum!!!!

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:43 am 
The Knife
The Knife

:welcome: to the forum. Nice looking start on the collection.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:58 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

and im looking forward to getting it - been looking for a couple years for one

welcome :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:05 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Is that a factory hi-cap magazine? SW

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:48 pm 

This is my first Mossberg, a Model 34 single shot... with a cracked firing pin :-(
Hopefully not my last.......

Jesse

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:50 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Bet ya that will be a tack diver!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:10 pm 
OUTLAW

nice collection of mossbergs.I only have one :oops:

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:08 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

after i got the one from bruce - and fell in love with it - i had occasion to find another at an auction ......

NO1

NO2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:32 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

That second one a 151?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:09 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

yup - just happened on it that day cause we were road trippin to a couple gunshops in the middle of the winter and heard there was a sale - so we diverted our trail that-a-way ,

this was in the rack with a "broken-as is" sign attached - only one other bidder and he wanted parts [probably the stock] so he stopped early , just over a hundred and it was simply put together wrong - it works just fine ,

they are a nice pair arent they ?
[OK , im gettin old , but i till recognize a nice pair when i see em]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:16 am 
OUTLAW

beautiful rifles :D .the mossberg rifles are excellent shooters.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:41 am 
Mushroom Maniac
Mushroom Maniac

A-square beat me to that little Mossberg from Bruce. I was eye balling it up myself. :wink:
My dad just bought one at a gun show last week.. He's wanted one for years cause it was one of the first guns that he owned when he was young

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:35 pm 
The Knife
The Knife

okc
You need to come to the show in Lima. Aguy has a wholr table full of Mossbergs. The first weekend of the month.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:02 pm 
Mushroom Maniac
Mushroom Maniac

I just love a good gun show!! :grin:
Problem is it's a 2 hour drive from here :-(

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:20 pm 
LCDR
LCDR

There is a good show in niles Ohio i go 2 alot.
I always have a good time,,even if i don't buy noten.

If i was rich i would go to the show and buy everything in the place..Shut it down I'LL TAKE IT. :crzy: :jmp:

Image Image [img]

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Seller ... ser=956475

http://stores.ebay.com/workenladyo8?_rdc=1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:57 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

theres a great gun show here in the twin cities the 19th of march , at the coliseum on the state fair grounds , gimp and i are going - to meet steve and paul from down there and my son and his gun friend on saturday - just knockin around and talkin smart , i do have a short list of what i 'need' to buy ,

then on sunday im going to man the booth for the gun club , that should be fun , get to banter with the crowd ,

it is a tad bit further to drive tho - its an hour southeast of me ,