[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Norinco M-14

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Norinco M-14
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:16 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Got it today, more than I bargained for. The listing mentioned several shots at 100yds in a 1" circle, BULL!! This rifle hasn't been fired yet, bore is new, all metal is dry as a bone with NO WEAR at all. Only GI part is the flash hider, it's kind of brownish while the other parts are done in a sub-standard Park. The bolt is dusty without the tell-tale red dye from mil-spec ammo, really! I was the first to field-strip it and the stock is unblemished, new looking, and clean, the underside of the reciever has NO BOLT marks from being cycled, dry as well. I have to get some pics tomorrow and ask Don to post them here. It came with a 5rd mag and a used pre-nylon GI sling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:16 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

:ttiwwp:

Hope to see some soon!

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:37 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

id love to see them too , if you got a decent deal you will nmot be sorry , with the rifle i dont believe they are all that cheap although ive not been looking lately

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:43 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:20 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Don, on the way! Randy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:34 pm 
Major
Major

Somehow I missed your first postings of this. I too look foward to seeing it, and then the range reports.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:38 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

I cleaned the surface rust and trimmed the roll-pin on the clip guide. The metal isn't taking the gun oil very well I applied afterwards, but I'll continue until I'm satisfied. At the time, this was only 1 of 2 such rifles on GB, rare I would think.
Is there a special wrench for the castle nut?

Post subject: Re: Norinco M-14
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:12 pm 
Major
Major

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:28 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

She looks like a workhorse... I love workhorses! :grin:

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject: Re: Norinco M-14
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:25 am 
Feldmarschall
Feldmarschall

Post subject: Castle nut
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:05 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

I was referring to the flash hider, thinking maybe buy a new one or get this one refinished. As a matter of fact, I saw an ad for a comp that came with the wrench and aligning tools. Just bought an aftermarket 20rd mag, fits like a glove, the 5rd gives me trouble. The more I look at this rifle, the more I want it refinished.

Post subject: Surplus .308?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:41 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Anyone out there have a deal on clean .308?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:00 pm 
Major
Major

Sadly ammo is going for about 50¢ a round. Three years ago it was 20¢.
You will have to scour the ammo retailers and see what is your best buy.
The steel case stuff is cheaper, but I am not sure how well it functions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:26 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...is this a sign of 'planned obsolescence'...??? :-?

Post subject: Fulton Armory
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:51 am 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

I was thinking of shipping my Norinco m-14 to Fulton Armory for the tech inspection, refinishing and reciever alteration to accept a USGI bolt. Anybody ever do business with these folks? Am I wasteing my money? Also, if anyone has a CMP box to sell, I'll be needing one, or two if they are available. Let me know your price and shipping to 14120, North Tonawanda, NY.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:33 am 
Major
Major

Fulton's is good, but they are expensive, and they are slow. Call them and discuss it with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:46 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

lookin good , shoot it a while then decide on the refinish , it doesnt look to bad in the photos , you will be pleased with this rifle for sure , post some targets ,

Post subject: Indian .308 Ball?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:15 am 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Cheaper-Than-Dirt has Indian .308 ball on strippers and in bandoleers for $25 per 50rds, that's $10 per box of 20. Anyone know anything about the Indian stuff. It says it's non-cor and clean. Ya think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:39 am 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

I have gotten some Indian, and its not bad. Non-corrosive, and pretty clean. Would not use it in competition, other than that its good, IMO.

Post subject: Silver Bear
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:07 am 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Just returned from Gander Mtn. with 100rds of Silver Bear .308, with tax it was $48.89 out the door. Can't believe I found that stuff there. Thanks for the Indian info. Tell me, as with the Garand, is it necessary to limit bullet weight to 150grs. or less to prevent damage to the op rod?