[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - posting my US rifles

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: posting my US rifles
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:26 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

new site --old photos reposted

spanish M1893 mauser , springfeild M1892/6 krag rifle , springfeild M1898 krag rifle

springfeild M1899 krag carbine , rock island M1903 , springfeild M1903A1 ,

winchester M1917 , remington M1917 , eddystone P1914

remington M1903mod , smith corona M1903A3 , remington M1903A3-4gery ,
remington M1903A3-4gery conv 22cal [me and roy boone]

1943 winchester M1garand rifle

1943 national postal meter M1carbine

springfeild M14 type with GI walnut stock and GI synthetic[black]stock

1967-69 colt M16 type with 22 cal ceinar conv

contemporary DPMS AR15s - A3 type and A4 type

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:00 pm 
Major
Major

I have trouble deciding which one you should give to me.....
I kind of like them all, so I will let you decide.
Well,daydreaming put aside, a nice nice collection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:07 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:14 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

I need a Krag for my collection!
A Square, If you sell any, you will always kick yourself for doing so.
I'm still kicking myself for getting rid of a nice Type 99 Arisaka (with the mum).

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:19 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Hi Guy's
My US kit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:41 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Welcome aboard OLD RSM.Beautiful rifles!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:48 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...now-that LAST pic is what I'm wanting to get ..... :P ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:36 pm 
Major
Major

Old RSM, in my opinion you have chosen some of the finest rifles to add to your collection. The M1911A1 with lanyard mag is also a jaw dropper. I'm guessing it's an Ithaca. Tell us a little about each one. Like the unopened ammo too! Looks like the correct slings too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:17 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Hi M14 Man
The first rifle is a M1903 made in 1926 all matching
M1917 Made 1918 Rem all but the bolt match
M1 H&R made 1953 mix master
M1 Carb made 4/44 IBM mix master
M1911A1 made 1944 Ithaca re blued good shooter

The ammo I got for some tapes VHS 2 cans unopened. I opened 1 to feed my Thompson got to shoot 100 rds and the feds stopped us from going to the Range with that type of firearm.

Thats the way it goes. The mag with loop I pickes up forgot where. I also have a M1917 Revolver S&W that's my US kit I go shooting every week.
Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:06 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Hi Guy's
I forgot my M1917 was in Canadian service and is stamped C^
Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:17 pm 
Major
Major

RSM, I always thought it was near impossible to impossible to have a full auto in Canada. How were you able to keep it? I think it's great that you have one!
All quality firearms ypo have there. One of my loves is the Springfield, so the '26 would probably be one of my favorites.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:00 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Hi M14
I Canada all Full Auto's and Converted Auto's are grandfathered. If you don't have one you can't have one. I some years there will be none.The last guy get's them all. A C/A is a Firearme that is mod to shoot semi auto only known as a 12(3) my Thompson has been mod.I cannot take it to the range or take it out of my Home. In other words it is PROHIBITED. I can add to the collection I can sell to a collector in the same class
hope this helps. I also have a Mk2 Sten and a Mk2 Bren.
Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:02 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Hi M14
In Canada all Full Auto's and Converted Auto's are grandfathered. If you don't have one you can't have one. I some years there will be none.The last guy get's them all. A C/A is a Firearme that is mod to shoot semi auto only known as a 12(3) my Thompson has been mod.I cannot take it to the range or take it out of my Home. In other words it is PROHIBITED. I can add to the collection I can sell to a collector in the same class
hope this helps. I also have a Mk2 Sten and a Mk2 Bren.
Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:10 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:11 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

hey gerry , that is a nice collection of rifles , when we talked about them i could not "see" them as well as your photos , that lanyard ring mag must go back to the first canadian imports , would be for an early 1911 , they go for big bucks here as you probably already know ,
we have a lot of duplication in our accumulations
my remington M1917 is also canadian marked , my M1911A1 is an ithica , my M1917 is a S&W , and of course our longbranch Cno7s , whats your M1carbine ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:14 am 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:16 am 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:52 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

sorry for not acknowledging reciept - i did , and im watching for your cheekpiece daily - will forward when recieved ..........i used that inglis mag the other day-once , but mostly im keeping it in the cabinet since its in such good condition ,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:40 am 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Hi Guy's
I forget to list my M1917 Revolver
Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:30 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

OLD RSM

Nice set of firearms you have there. I have just my Canadian 1943 Bren (torch cut) and a Canadian 1943 Bren (saw cut-on the way) and 2 Canadian Enfields in my collection. On the Bren's I'm just waiting for the time I can reweld and convert to semi.

I like the display you have with your Thompson. I know this might be a odd question but did the Canadians build Sten's? And if so is there any mag housings with the markings available up there? I have a semi Sten build in mind and I thought it would be nice to have the Sten to go with the Enfields.

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin