[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - trial baloon - im considering selling

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:56 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

off the majority of my US collection , ill keep just a couple that i 'cannot' part with , im just thinking again but this is not the first time ive considered this ,

if i did this id want to list out whats going here for the first option , ill most likely sell longarms with slings and cleaning gear , sell bay & scabords seperate but offer a package deal , and sell handguns with holsters ,

unless someone thinks im making a mistake , eather parting with them or in not further peicemealing the bits out , any thoughts ?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:46 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

send me the list !!!!!!!!!! I'llgladly help you part with them :bigrin:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:43 pm 
Major
Major

I'd like to look at a list too...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:13 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

You know I would!!!!!

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:49 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....well,I dunno where I'd get the money-but I'd love a list... :bigrin: :bigrin: :bigrin: :bigrin: :bigrin:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:14 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

A list here also. Remember, I have 40 rounds of .45/70 waiting here. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:38 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

im still planning to shoot a few rounds of that , im just thinkin out loud guys but im really doing this more often and its getting to the point where ive avoided a purchase or two for lack of space/capital/and because ive been torn between the two ,

i love em all but im feeling confined by the dual emphasis - ill follow up

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:08 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

so ---if i keep this stuff , and i continue in this vain , my projected list would be the thompson , the johnson rifle , the BAR , and the trench shotgun , all very expensive and im thinking dificult to find in decent condition ,

i think i need to think a whole lot more --- not at all sure i want to continue down this road , and not at all sure i can come out whole by divesting the stuff i have ,

but yes i will offer the list here first , and direct to those who have expressed interest , when i make up my mind

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:53 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

A Johnson eh? Saw one of those at a gun show in Dubuque about 5 years ago, even back then they wanted a pretty steep price. Would be cool to have though.

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:43 pm 
Major
Major

If you ever do, I want more info on your M1903A1.Thirty years ago I re-focused and got rid of all my foreign stuff. Sold Japanese 99's, a mint and matching Nambu, all my Nazi swords, daggers of every type, German helmets, HCS Mauser, P38's, British stuff. I sort of kick myself now, but it had to be done to buy the house I now live in. I had some nice stuff. It was so easy to get in the 70's.I even sold a Johnson I had bought for $265, and sold it for $400. That would be worth ten times that now...I realized I could not have a piece from every country, so I decided to just go US. I have just 2 foreign pieces left, one I just got from Mario last year.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:53 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

.............M14.... :-o ...........Johnson...???............... :-o ........Oh.... :-o .................My ..... :-o ....................Gawd..... :-o .................................... :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:11 pm 
Major
Major

Johnson's were cheaper than Garands. The Garand was $500 back in the 70's.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:13 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

:thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:35 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

my point exactly - the johnson , and the thompson , and the krag 22cal , and the M1922 , and that trench shotgun , and a BAR , we are talking significant dollars - and effort to find good ones , and im not sure im up to it anymore ..........

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:42 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant