[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - M1A

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: M1A
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:14 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I did finally get around to buying one, it's "loaded" NM barrel and sights. I think they mean you have to be loaded to buy it. It likes anything I can fit in the chamber, the aussie surplus has shot best so far, but it's only been twice. English machine gun ammo shot well, too. I'll try and get better pics when I have more time.

NRA life member
583rd ORD Co/59 ORD BDE
Handorf FRG 1988-1990

Post subject: Re: M1A
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:42 pm 
International Man of Mystery
International Man of Mystery

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:06 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....another one missing from my US collection... :roll: .....
..........Nice purchase...!!! :D ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:39 pm 
Major
Major

Money well spent....It usually will shoot it's best groups with ammo in the 165g-175g range.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:20 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

fantastic - you did well on that one my freind , i think its time to go to the range :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:36 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I wonder who could have taken such a nice pic with what he had to work with. :bigrin:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:11 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i knew it was you , but the question is - did you go along to buy it ? and did you then carry it for him ?

just kidding pete - ill carry your shotgun anyday :lol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:23 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I went alone Mike, if he had come with, then he woulda wanted to have had a chance to shoot it, and I still haven't gotten to shoot his yet, and I helped him buy it even. And he's just jealous that I got all the looks in the family

NRA life member
583rd ORD Co/59 ORD BDE
Handorf FRG 1988-1990

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:17 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....you are much cuter in your photo than your moniker implies... :rotflma: ;) :bigrin:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:30 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

and hes much nicer too :D

but i aint touchin that whos cuter comment with a ten foot pole :lol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:00 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Good looking.....rifle. My next M1A is going to be a real M1A.

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:02 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

you mean your buyin a springfeild ? what do you have now ? norinco ? they are fine rifles from what ive seen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:40 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

I have an Armscorp M14NM. Posted it here before.

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:12 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

yes , now i remember , thats a fine loooking rifle , how did she shoot ?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:45 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

GEORGE WASHINGTON

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:28 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Okay, Stinky is the cuter one in the family. :bull:

As long as we are showing M1A's

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:26 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

ill agree his rifle looks a bit more 'normal' than yours but im notr sure ill apply the "C" word to it and i already said id not apply the "C" word to eather of you ..........er , i said id not touch that "C" word with a TEN FOOT POLE , so .......................i like both rifles each has its own class look , and im guessin each shoots just fine :D