[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Mosin Number Two Pictures

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mosin Number Two Pictures
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:26 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

I just bought my first Mosin a few weeks ago, and this past Tuesday I bought a second one... just because I had to have a hex receiver. LOL!

I'll do better when it comes home with me (it can't be snuck in until next week). I was behind my desk with the rifle on my lap and was able to at least get the markings on the receiver and the repair on the stock (which oddly appeals to me greatly). Enjoy!

Post subject: Re: Mosin Number Two Pictures
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:30 am 
Major
Major

There is no cure. Scientists have identified it as an addiction. :jmp:

"Just one more" and "I can quit when I want".
They are like peanuts. once you have one you want another.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:19 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

It's sick. I haven't even shot the first one yet! LOL! This one's going to end up out in a field probably sometime next week. Boss man wants to shoot one, so I'm going to have to suck it up and shoot it. I might even get video. LOL! I don't know why I'm so scared to pull the trigger on these things. I've shot bigger. :kap:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:41 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Just shoot about 20 rounds through an M95 straight Pull Carbine then a mosin will be like cake :lol

Nice lookin' shootin' iron there pard!

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:14 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

Went out and shot it today! I finally sucked it up and pulled the trigger! And the boss man took video (I may post it, we'll see). I got 17 rounds off, boss man fired two, and the land owner's grandson fired one. I was shaking like a leaf, but it really wasn't too bad. It left a nice mark on my shoulder, but no worse than the K31 leaves. And yeah... the K31 kicks harder. But I am very proud! I managed to put about 7 rounds in a stump at 175 yards with no glass. Longest shot I've taken to date! The rest went a little high. But once I figured out where the sights needed to be I did fine (and I was shaking so bad for the first five me and the rifle were just about vibrating).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:20 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

congrats , shooting them is a piece of the fun , and the experience is needed for appreciation ,

think of depending on that rifle for your life - day in , day out , day after day , with no end in sight , it becomes your best friend ,

colecting them includes understanding them , thats why ive narrowed my collecting still one more time - nothing but enfield milsurps ,

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:43 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

How about some photos instead of that video? LOL!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:22 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

When I go shooting with my buddy (Old King Cole) there is a rock on the home made range that get a lot of milsurp ammo out of a Mosin. Used to be he had to drive his mower around the rock.......now he can drive right over it!

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:27 pm 
The Knife
The Knife

To help to prevent the bruises you might get a Past recoil shield.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/284105 ... bidextrous

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:04 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

photos are always good - looks like a nice rifle and you look like your having fun ... :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:07 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

maybe i need to get my wife a mosin ? seems women find them agreeable , i need to find something she can have in common with me - besides my great demeanor ?