[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Chinese Mosin Nagant T53

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Chinese Mosin Nagant T53
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:09 pm 
International Man of Mystery

Pictures of my Chinese T53.
This one came in like it just went through WW II.
I used a hairdryer and steam to get the oil and the dirt out of the stock.
Minor dents also disappear when using steam.
Then I let the stock dry for about 3 or 4 days.
After that, several layers of linseed oil (takes about 3 to 5 days).
For the finishing touch I used some beeswax.
I don’t want my Mosin Nagants to look like new again.
These are weapons with a history attached to them and I always leave them the way I bought them.
I only do some cleaning and protecting.
Here are some pictures.

Before

After

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin

PS: How about this for a picture of "Dutch" Mosin :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:15 pm 

Thanks Pete.
I'm very pleased with the result too.
Now I'll try to get some items to go with the carbine like a Chinese oil bottle or a bandoleer.
Always got some wishes left. :lol:

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin

Post subject: Mosin
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:47 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Some of the early Chinese Mosins were made with Russian parts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:55 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I see you've given this rifle a good caring Dutch home! Looking good!

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:32 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Martin

Is the correct bandoleer the one with the little wood thingys that the closing loops hooked on? I may have one if it is along with the oil bottle.

Mark

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:59 pm 

Mark,

For some reason I didn't notice this post earlier.
Sorry about that Mark.

Check this link.

It has pictures of a few different oil bottles and a picture of the Chinese bandoleer.

If you ever want to sell one of these items, let me be the first one to know.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:32 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Sorry Martin but thats not the one I have buried some wheres around here.

Mark

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject: THANKS
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:50 pm 

No problem Mark.
Thanks for bringing up the subject.
Got the biggest gun show in Europe coming up at the end of November in Kassel, Germany.
Maybe I get lucky there.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:58 pm 
Captain
Captain

Maby this is the Kina ammo pouches Mybusa was referring too....
These are Chinese, I'm fairly sure, and the guy who I got the rifle from got them specificly because they were the type that he saw in the Korean war.
The rifle is a plain Jane well used 91/30, not as nice as the varnished dipped fella I picked up recent like, and the newest one came with the 2 pouch Soviet letherett type....

Just showing what Im thinking here....maby that helps, maby not :lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:47 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Thats a nice bandolier :!:

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:21 am 

Aaah, that's the one allright.
Gotta keep my eyes open in Kassel for that one.
Thanks Hailstone.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin