[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Four of my Nagants

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Four of my Nagants
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:48 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:04 pm 
International Man of Mystery

Great looking collection Ron.
Got some more info on them.
How do they perform on the range, what type of ammo do you use??
I'm not curious.....I just want to know it all... :) :D :lol: :grin:

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:36 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:37 am 

Thanks for your reply Ron.
That’s a bit different over here (buying, selling and collecting I mean).
I’m not allowed to collect and/or buy anything that I can lay my hands on.
To get a collectors license is very and I do mean very difficult.
The application can take up to 2 years and even then it can be denied.

I had to narrow my collection down to one single item.
In my case the Mosin Nagant rifles and carbines.
This is just an example.
I know a collector who collects weapons captured and used by the German army in WW II.
Do you have any idea how many different types of weapons they used????

They changed our gun law about 3 years ago.
Some of the older collectors are allowed to collect everything, including automatic weapons.

In the US you are allowed to shoot with the weapons in your collection.
That’s a NO GO over here.
You either collect or you shoot.
If you want to shoot….apply for a shooters license.
It takes 1 year before you can buy your first weapon.
Both the gun club and the police have to give their OK.

In the meantime you can use the weapons owned by the gun club you are a member of.
That’s another MUST.
You have to be a member of a gun club.
No membership….no shooting and….no guns.
In the second year, you can buy a second weapon and after that 2nd year three more up to a maximum of 5 weapons.
Not all weapons are allowed.
Automatic rifles or weapons with a barrel shorter then 25 inch are not allowed.
Weapons in cal 6.35mm or .50 are also not allowed.
Just a few examples.

Original BP weapons are free over here, meaning that everybody can buy them without needing a license.
If you want to shoot these BP weapons you will need a license for the ammo and you have to be a member of a gun club.
No membership….no BP ammo or components to make the ammo.

Just a small part of our gun law…and I left out the details and exceptions.
YOU DON’T WANT TO KNOW THESE.

Thanks for sharing the pictures and the info.
Let us know when you take them to the range.
I'd sure like to know how they perform.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:56 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Martin,
I really feel for you. I can't imagine how hard it is for you especially when
you see what is available to us here in the US. We tend to take our freedoms for granted.
If not for our 2nd amendment in our Bill of Rights, we would be in the
same situation as most European countries. As it is, it is a constant fight
to keep our gun rights from being eroded bit by bit.

Some States and Cities can be very strict in the way they "allow" the purchase and possesion of firearms. Thankfully The State of Oregon has
very liberal laws and does not allow cities and counties to enact their own
more restrictive gun laws. (That does not stop them from trying).

As long as you are not a felon, been convicted of violent misdemeanors, have not been ajudicated mentally incompetent, you can own pretty much
anything you want.

Ron

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:43 pm 

Thanks Ron.
I got used to these laws here.
It's just the way it is and if I stick to the rules....much can be done.
It took me a long time to get the Dutch collectors license, but I did what the law asked me to do and the only thing the police could say was....OK, here it is.
The help of some good friends did speed up things a bit though.
Some of them are even members here.... :D
I'm still very grateful they helped me with this.

About the availability of things........YES, you are right.
Sometimes I wish I could buy that $19.00 die set from LEE :grin: instead of paying €35.00($45.50) :-x for it.
...or buying a milsurp without having to wait about three weeks to get the necessary paperwork.
....or buying milsurp ammo and powder for ridiculously low prices...

Ah well.
You live over there with your rules and I live in this great little country on the other side of the pond.
Things just are the way they are.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin