[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - What is it, can I save it?

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:10 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

cant go wrong for that price - looking forward to the photos , its worth that in parts id think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:39 pm 
Major
Major

The rear and front sight, and barrel contour says Pete is coorrrect, but considering the date, I have seen 28s with the same set up. There were so many transitionals at this time that my books confuse things.

Regardless: like a blind dog in a meat shop. Bolt alone worth that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:51 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

very cool , i dont supost it was cut at the barrel band so that a forend could be made and spliced in under the band ? that would be a lot of work but sounds like well worth it if you cant find the stock

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:00 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

aaahhh , to bad :( :(

but a great find anyway :D , and well worth the search for a stock :) , and useable as is till then ? :-?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:17 pm 
Major
Major

Don, The rear sight sight slide says its a 27. Does the connecting bar have wings? They discontinued this mod in 1933, so yours may or may not have it. Even if it does not have the wings, the receiver may have slots for them.

The stocks for these are cut down M91s without the fingers. All you would need is the handguard, rear band and nosepiece. They did go to a heavier stock later, but it is difficult to tell without the rear band. The Tikka barrel mark is from earlier production 27s. Later 27s had a cirlce around the triangle. It is now time for people far more knowledgeable than I to step in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:49 pm 
I will give your money back for it. Any functional Mosin, even if Bubba'd, is worth $25.

Now take a couple steps back and show us a picture of the whole thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:21 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

hell ,. ill give ya $30 - i need a project , but then i might not bite on the rare enfeild sniper bruce has posted :lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:49 pm 
Major
Major

Don,

I am the one who should be :oops: :oops:

I should have started a new paragraph. I meant does the connecting bar on the bolt have wings at its rear? Most 27s have a slot milled in the lower part of the back of the receiver below the bolt where the connector bar rides. This slot only extends forward about 3/4 inch. A finnish made connector bar will only fit this type receiver mod. because the wings will prevent it from going into a regular unmodified 91 receiver. There is a picture at www.mosinnagant.net under the finnish section almost halfway down the collumn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:45 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Watch for stocks on fleabay. There are still a few gun parts - like stocks - for sail there. It may take a while, but the wait will be worth it. SW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:17 pm 
I've got an M39 stock I bet it would fit it in if you giv..., uh, I mean sell it to me. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:37 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i like that - tell shotgunmaster you were not taking aim at him and a smile would be nice :), he looks quite at home with that great collection tho :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:05 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:23 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:37 am 
Major
Major

I got an M27 and I think they are worth every penny, ofcourse I didn't get mine for $25. Check numrich for the stock , you might get lucky and get an original. One of the importers just got a hand full of 27's, but I can't remeber who.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:05 am 
Major
Major

Don,

Alright!!!! That's what I'm talking about. You definitely have a 27 with a converted M91 stock so all you need is one of the surplus 27 stocks or one can be made from an m91. I don't know how a restored bubba rifle is viewed and if it should be marked as such, but at least it will be close to original. :) :) :) :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:00 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

interesting topic , and i now know a little bit more than i used to - which was next to nothing , but i thank you , nice rifle don , lets see it when its done

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:30 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

ill ask my german friend if you like , i must say its worth the effort , did you get that young man to smile yet ? he really needs to you know :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:08 pm 
International Man of Mystery
International Man of Mystery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:30 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:50 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General