[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - price question for finns

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: price question for finns
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:01 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I'm looking at an M28 at an auction site, and the starting price is 295.00

I haven't seen too many of these, so I don't know much about the price ranges. Is this average? It's in pretty nice shape, but I only "go with the feeling" on stuff that I can actually see in person.

So I was hoping for a range I guess, I don't have much to go on personally, any and help is greatly appreciated :)

NRA life member
583rd ORD Co/59 ORD BDE
Handorf FRG 1988-1990

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:07 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

I gave up bidding on m28's at auction over a year ago when a 600 dollar bid wouldn't touch them. prices seem to have dropped back since then, seen them going in the 500 range on there.
if you can get it off an auction site for less than 500, you're doing good.

whether that's more or less than some folks are prepared to pay is a moot point, that's what they seem to be going for.

y'all have a good day, Keith

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:09 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

What Keith said...

I'm still trying to find one for myself, anything under $500 for one is good shape is a "buy it now" price...

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ" - King Leonidas I of Sparta

Visit "Smokeless Powder", my firearms and 2nd Amendment blog: http://fingolfen.blogspot.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:24 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Well, I guess that settles it then, thanks guys, wish me luck :D

NRA life member
583rd ORD Co/59 ORD BDE
Handorf FRG 1988-1990

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:38 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Let us know how it turns out for ya! Best of luck!

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:53 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

good luck! hope nobody else sees it. Keith

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:45 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

so far so good, but it still has 12 more days to the end was hoping not to have to spend all my tax refund on this, still got that M1A on my mind :D

NRA life member
583rd ORD Co/59 ORD BDE
Handorf FRG 1988-1990

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:54 am 
Colonel
Colonel

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:02 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

That seems a bit too high, but then again I have been surprised lately by some of the prices

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:14 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

I agree, i've seen finned NEW's with fin stocks selling for a little more than half that. If it's U.S. marked, that would be a pretty good deal. If it has the Fox Arms Logo on the receiver, i'd look twice since i don't have one of those yet. probably wouldn't buy it for that though.

i seem to be wandering in circles here. If it's U.S. marked, i'd buy it. if it's a finn, it'd have to be in outstanding condition for that price. That make more sense? :lol

y'all have a good day, Keith

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:01 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Here is are some photo's of the rifle. I know its pricey but it is purdy!!

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:56 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:19 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

NRA life member
583rd ORD Co/59 ORD BDE
Handorf FRG 1988-1990

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:55 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:08 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Oh sure I have heard that before!! And next thing I know I even deeper in the hole!! I'm going to think about it for a few more hours then decide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:22 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

NRA life member
583rd ORD Co/59 ORD BDE
Handorf FRG 1988-1990

Post subject: good luck
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:47 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:03 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I've been watching this thing and someone finally bid on it, at 415 reserve not met. I was looking closer at the pics, and the original serial has been struck out, it was 19028, and the new one is 35236. It still has the m28 front and rear sites, but from the mosinnagant.net site, the serial doesn't seem to jibe. The barrel is marked SY with a D underneath. From what I've read it should be a M28/30, but the sights are wrong. I'm just not sure if I wanna spend that much money on something I can't see in person.

I still have 8 more days to decide though, but I'm leaning towards no
Image Image

What do the guys with more experience think? Is it legit or a parts gun?

NRA life member
583rd ORD Co/59 ORD BDE
Handorf FRG 1988-1990

Post subject: m/28
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:42 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:10 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Ah, ok, thanks for the help. I can't read off the comp too long, it does things to my eyes. I should make the font larger, so this would be a SIG barrel then too.

Thanks for the help guys :D

NRA life member
583rd ORD Co/59 ORD BDE
Handorf FRG 1988-1990