[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Getting My Third Mosin

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Getting My Third Mosin
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:52 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Got the 91/59. It's in awesome shape. The finish has to be the best of any of my Mosins. If the weather cooperates, first range session this Friday.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:58 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Not too shabby. At fifty yards because that's about as far as I can see using iron sights.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:54 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

nice shootin , i can sympathise on the eyes :-o , im limited to 50 with irons these days as well

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:40 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Just got number 7. 1941 91/30 with an SA stamped barrel.
Mosinitis has hit me bad! :crzy:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:53 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:06 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

nice looking rifles :D congrats again

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:46 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:41 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:25 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

I had just got done paying for a Finn M39, when I saw a Finn capture 91/30 with an SA stamped barrel on GunBroker with a buy it now price of $299. Figuring I had no chance, I put in a bid of 100 bucks.

It won! :crzy:

So in one week I get Mosins #9 and #10.

Is there no cure for this horrible Mosinitis disease?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:06 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...yes there is....lack of $$$$$... :roll:

:rotflma:

.....congrats...I envy you... ;) :bigrin:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:34 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:28 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

The prices on mosins m/39s are falling as SOG has them around $230. There is still a lot of them for sale, around and hopefully the price will come back down to a reasonable rate again.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:31 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:05 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

And what shows up in the big brown truck today?
My 1938 Izzy Finn capture SA stamped barrel 91/30. Two new Mosin Nagants in two days. I'm as happy as a pig in poop!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:47 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

So Gandog, how's that new M39 shoot, anyways?

Why I'm glad you asked. Here is the first ten shots I fired through it at 50 yards. The lower group was Czech 147 grain milsurp. The upper group was my 150 grain reloads. Point of aim was the same for both groups.

Tight, eh? :bigrin:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:43 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Why didn't somebody tell me I only needed a screwdriver to drift the front sight on my new M39? I could have zeroed it right there. I was thinking I was going to need that hammer and brass punch like all my Russian Mosins. :crzy:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:35 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:46 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

There....fixed it!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:48 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

That's good shootin :!:

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:07 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....wait about 8 days,I may have a few targets to post.....headed up to Herr Messer's and will czech out his range....I'm gonna bring at least one MN....the Finn Tikka 42 M91....maybe a 34' Izhevsk hex recievered 91/30 also to see how they do with various ammo :bigrin: ....of course I'll bring along a few other rifles but I'm curious to see how these will do since I havent shot them yet... :crzy:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next