[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - to the guru

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:10 am 
International Man of Mystery

Post subject: Re: to the guru
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:52 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Looks great Martin!

Now what about the muzzle device?

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:48 pm 

Et2ss wrote:
Now to replace the muzzle device & you'll be stylin'

Dutch Mosin answered:
Oh man...that muzzle break gives me a headache.
I just can't get the wedge out.
I looks like it was welded on....or is it welded in.
Mmmm, I don't know.
That second glass of wine must have been bad.

Seriously Bruce.
Got a weekend trip to Germany coming up in about two weeks.
I will visit a friend who owns a gun shop.
I'll ask him for advice.
I don't want to break anything.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin

Bruce, I already answered this question last week (September 6th).
Maybe you missed it.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:56 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I Understand completely. I would think some sort of press would do the trick.

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:48 pm 

Yes, that's what I think too Bruce.
I already asked him to look into the problem.
I hope he has a solution when I get there next Friday.
I'll keep you posted.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:05 pm 
Captain
Captain

Martin;
You do know that the parts are redily available around here.....as in Internet land, and any help/parts I can send you would be no problem.

Spare "Key"(Wedge), firing pin, muzzle device and all.......I think I have those things in my spare parts crates.

Got "mosin junk"? I gotta bunch of bayonetts, slings, cleaning kits and ammo pouches that you might apreciate more than I, and are free to a good home, as I live rather Nomadicly lately, and I belive that Im gonna keep moving around for this winter, so all they will see is the inside of a musty box.......interested?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:18 am 

What a very nice offer Chip.
Sure I’m interested.
I love these accoutrements (Mosin junk 8-) ).
They are something I collect next to the rifles, but I have to drive over to Germany (and look real hard) to get those.
Can’t find them in Holland.
The spare parts such as the firing pin and the muzzle device are a problem though.
I have to apply for an import license because these are essential parts of the rifle.
I would need lots of info from you before I can import them such as personal address, copies of your license and ID card or passport and so on.
It’s easier to buy them from a dealer (internet).
I’d only need a copy of the license that says he’s allowed to sell these parts.
Don’t misunderstand me, I’d love to have them, but I think there would be too much paper work involved.
Thanks again for the offer, I really appreciate it.
Let me know what you would like to have in return for the “Mosin junk” and what I can do to get things started.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:02 am 
Captain
Captain

Hmmmm......

Lemme get this straight, Dutch, I can send you gun "Accessories' but not gun parts?
No gas"wedge" or front end, but the slings, cleaning kits and such are fine?
I have an unmarked SVT tool as well, Ive no forseeable use for. Is that sendable?

When I get home in the beginning of October, as I am Caribou hunting the Kobuk the next couple weeks, I'll box up and send you what is acceptable. Some is Russian, some Finn, maby some Chinese ("maby" is because I donno, their unmarked.)

Should be a good home, insted of a box, LOL!
You might have to clean some stuff up as I'm litteraly 20 feet from the ocean, and everything suffers for it, but it is genuine, and alot is what I picked up at yard sales and was also given to me.
Oh ya!
I was talking with a friend who related that I should sell him one of my spare gas wedges...seems he used a screw driver and hammer to tap his out and "swelled' one side with the hard tapping....later he did the same, applying the screwdriver to the wedg's slot, smak'ed it good and "Swelled" the OTHER side, effectivly freezing his gas wedge into place....could that be your trouble???...struck me and when I came to Kotzebue, and here I write you....
Anyhoo.....
By early Oct. we can make this happen, and then, when you have it in hand, well talk "trade", ok?
Yes, it may be sent by Agnes, or maby one of my kids....who ever go's Postal... :lol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:57 am 
Radio Communications Officer
Radio Communications Officer

Excellent restoration!!!

I don't know much about restorations, but this one looks awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:08 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:16 pm