[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Chinese Nagant carbine

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Chinese Nagant carbine
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:19 pm 
Major
Major

Just Picked this up today! I was drive through New Hampshire for work and I saw the gun shop and pulled in and low and behold on the rack was this rifle, I over looked it as a standard Russian surplus till I took a closer look. I have the other model with different markings so I figured what the heck. I don't know if I will shoot it though!

Post subject: Re: Chinese Nagant carbine
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:45 pm 
International Man of Mystery

Great find subhunter.
I hope she shoot as good as she looks.
I bought myself a Chinese T53 a couple of years ago in Germany, but mine didn't look nearly as good as yours.
I don't know how my T53 shoots and I don't think I will ever find out.
She is in my collection and over here we are not allowed to shoot with weapons that are in a collection.

Mine was covered in cosmoline.

The metal looked great, but the wood was badly damaged.
It took me a while to clean and fix it, but I think she looks great now.
I don't mind that my weapons look (well) used.
After I have bought them I take them apart, check every single part and clean the wood and metal.
If possible I try to reduce the dents in the wood, but only when the wood is severely damaged, like with my T53.

For the rest I just keep them as I buy them.
I like weapons with battle scars.

Again, congrats on your find and if you're going to take her to the range....keep me posted.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:24 pm 
Major
Major

Not allowed! :( Time to immigrate to the Ol USA with your collection. Although with the Dictator that has been currently elected as our president, we have to be on our toes fighting for our rights here. Hopefully come November we can level the playing field here.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:01 am 
The Knife
The Knife

I was doing some research on that one a while back on another forum and I believe Remington had a contract for the M1916. Check out Wikipedia. Some with the higher cap mag is an M16 update or was it a 1927. Memory fades as you get older sometimes.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:25 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:09 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Martin,

Do other countries in Europe have the 'collection only' law? I see a lot of "deko" rifles for sale on egun.de Meaning they are deactivated. Which would fit into a "collection only" law.

I contacted the German seller of a scarce Italian "deko" rifle that had been deactivated. I asked if I could pay for the whole rifle and would he ship only the stock and hardware. I suggested he could then try to sell the barreled action again or do whatever he liked with it.

The barrel had been cut, but the receiver was intact which could not easily be imported here.

He said I was crazy. :crzy: Well, probably so. ;) SW

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:33 am 

SW,

We live in a united Europe with no borders and one currency, but gun laws still vary from country to country.
All weapons in my collection still function 100%, it is just not allowed to take them to the range.
One of the policies of the Dutch Firearms Association is to save these weapons for future generations.
They are (at least most of them) a significant part of our history.
You don’t save history by deactivating it.

In Germany it is allowed to shoot with all weapons in a collection.
I don’t know about all the other countries.
I have enough problems understanding our own (gun) law every now and then.

Just an example on deactivated rifles.
When I buy a deactivated rifle in Germany (which is only a 20 minutes trip in a car) I get huge problems with the Dutch police.
The bolt in German deactivated rifles still functions.
That is….you can still open and close it.
They cut of a piece of the bolt so you can’t use it to shoot with anymore.
In Holland (among other things) the bolt has to be welded to the receiver.

I told this many times before.
Dutch gun law is extremely strict, but when you stick to the rules, much can be done.
It just takes a lot of time, dedication and paperwork.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:18 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Gosh darn it. When will people quit referring to a Mosin Nagant as a Nagant. A Nagant is a stinking revolver! :-x

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:31 pm 
Major
Major

when will you accept the new terminology.......LOL :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:56 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....I like to use "MN's".....but then some folks think I'm referring to people from Minessooooooooota.... :crzy: :rotflma: :rotflma: :rotflma: ;)

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:25 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

There's probably lots of people in Minnesota with MN's! :bigrin:

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:56 pm 

The Chinese Type 53 Carbine is one of the more interesting of the Model 1944 Carbine clones; however, the Type 53 has never been sought out on a wide scale by Mosin Nagant collectors. The main reason for this folly is the false notion that the Type 53 is of inferior quality when compared to its counterparts.

Last edited by kiancorb on Thu May 15, 2014 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:37 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

nifty piece , i know nothing of them but an appreciate the interest you have

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:52 am 
Major
Major

We'll you to can now get your century arms freshly dredged from the river chinese type 53 from SOG for a mear $99 + shipping while supply's last.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:09 pm 

Where's ET? We need a group buy on this. SW

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 4:44 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I can check to see if I can get any group deals on these.

My brother has one in a laminated stock that was a VN bringback. Has the paperwork with the matching serial number and all. Odd thing is the paperwork calls it an SKS :ow:

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 12:27 am 

Yes!! If an entire crate becomes available, we could do rock-paper-scissors for the crate. 8-)

I am rock-paper scissors champeen of all carbon based life forms! :crzy: :rotflma: :rotflma: :rotflma:

But then Mario would want to do rock-paper-scissors-lizard-Spock... :P I can't do Spock unless I tape fingers together. SW

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:53 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:07 am 

He needs to take a weed whacker to those eyebrows!! :rotflma: SW

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:36 am 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

photo.jpg
photo.jpg [ 341.95 KiB | Viewed 11541 times ]