Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:15 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

HerrMesser, I can not find the thread about the number on bayonet lug of a T35 Long rifle. I own one but will have to look for it. Its not matching but if it has a number on the bayonet lug - it did match when it had the original bolt in it. Wonder why someone would think it did not.

I don't write any place like I did but I do drop by and read. My wife and I are well, just celebrated our 57th year together are looking for many more. Roy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:08 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

really glad to see you here roy , we miss your input on so many things ,

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:41 am 
The Knife
The Knife

First congratulations on your anniversary.

Old age must be catching up with as I don't recall anything about the bayo lug on a T35.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:36 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...nope.....I asked Roy to comment on what constitutes and what matches on a Toyo Kogyo series 35 long rifle since one of Swithart's buds doesnt believe that the bolt # matches the front band....and has nothing to do with the serial#....they were assembly numbers and dont "match" like K98's......Roy confirms that but somehow mistook Herr Mario for Herr Messer.....I knew I shoulda copywrited the 'Herr' on the forums-I been 'Herr' since 2000 :rotflma: :grin:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:34 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

When I opened this site I saw I got my HEER'S
mixed up. I found my T35 long and the bayonet lug is numbered on the rear edge and it does not match the serial number or the bolt - it matches an assembly number stamped on the bottom of the barrel chamber. Had to take the rifle out of the stock to find it. The 35's are blued to match anyone commercial blue - they are beautiful.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:18 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I took the early type 99 apart and found a three digit number on the bottom of the receiver matched a very large number stamped inside the stock under the barrel. The bolt and front barrel band match, while the serial number matches nothing. I would think this is all not a coincidence, unless most all the long barreled versions have matching serial numbers to their bolts like the regular versions. The bottom of the receiver did not have a further assembly number match the bolt and front band though, DRATS!

Best Regards,

Mark

BTW, I think one person assembled the rifle to the wood and used one stamp and another checked head space to the receiver from the bolt and stamped the front band and bolt, odds are a real armorer doing QC and another guy with a screw driver. Why have the armorer do both? Each would need their own three digit I.D. number.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:42 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

..well I know mine is all match -and I've never taken it apart to look under the barrel because all the screws are staked....simply put-if all the other stuff matches-it is...nothing is matched to the serial# on receiver

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:52 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Took the bolt apart last night and I didn't see any other numbers except a three digit number stamped near the handle. I thought that was strange. Of course, I don't usually take Japanese rifle bolts apart.

Best Regards,

Mark