[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - A new Japanese militaria book is coming

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:10 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

The publisher has invited me to co-author it. It will be available through the Japanese forum of gunboards. I'll post more details as they become available.

Progress can be tracked through this link:

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread. ... taria-Book

No worries wondering what I'll do when I retire! ;) :bigrin: SW

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:12 am 
The Knife
The Knife

When you retire means we all will know a more famous author.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:09 pm 

I keep plugging away with fiction. If I could sell a novel, I'd retire tomorrow! I'll be off to work in a bit but will post another fiction segment later on.

Non-fiction is fun, but there's money in fiction! SW

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:18 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Japanese forum on Gunboard's……. Lovely bunch of emperor groupies (capital "E" is lower case for a reason). I think I'm going to pray for your soul since they still use the Japanese name for Seoul there, well at least Incheon. Massive arrgh, growl, arrgh. I'm still boiling over their absolute lack of historical knowledge outside of incredibly biased Japanese sources. Bigger arrgh, growl, arrgh. They might know a bit about Japanese guns, but they lack even a basic knowledge of Asian history as to make them offensive to anybody outside of Japan. My wife is half North Korean and likes my Browning Steve-san.

Best Regards,

Mark Swihart
Alumni Yonsei University,
Seoul, Korea.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:13 am 

Still thy rapidly beating heart, o maven of Asian topics and muncher of raw garlic. ( and sleep soundly knowing how vampires TREMBLE violently at mere contemplation of the vapors you exhale) ;) :-o

It looks like I'll just be organizing other people's notes into some semblance of lucidity. Probably more of an editor than co-author. I am remarkably uninformed on the topic but am able to string random words into sentences. The whole 'give a chimpanzee a typewriter and 1000 years...' bit.

But it's a writing gig, and I do enjoy that. I also enjoy learning, and I anticipate I'll be learning quite a lot.

Long story short - "don't shoot, I'm just the piano player!" :crzy: :crzy: :rotflma: :rotflma: :rotflma: :bigrin: SW

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:22 am 
PFC
PFC

Is this complete? I looked at the links and would like to get a copy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:29 am 

The manuscript is complete, but it hasn't been sent off to the printer yet. The publisher has two other projects to complete. I'll post here when it's ready. 850+ pages of extreme detail about Japanese militaria.

I didn't actually write stuff - I *re*- wrote most of it - AKA I edited the book.

This will wind up being the final word on WW2 IJA militaria. SW

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:06 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

:jmp:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:57 pm 

Progress!! Soon to be at the printer! I edited the whole book for syntax, spelling and grammar. Also wrote narratives for misc. pics and filler topics. It was fun! :bigrin:

Details on pricing as soon as I get it! SW

0000.book1.jpg
0000.book1.jpg [ 177.62 KiB | Viewed 7446 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:56 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....looks like it'll be a REAL goodie... :Dbounce:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:03 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

yes it does , congrats