[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - My Type 99's

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:31 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Jon, did you take it out of the wood to see what was going on? That looks like one I would shoot every weekend if I wasn't in Commiefornia!
So glad to realize youdidn't shoot a "trainer" Whew!
Are there any import marks at the front end of the barrel near the front sight?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:41 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

There are no import marks. I live in the same state as you. It is simply soaked in oil...through and through....it's cool in that it looks neat, but it literally is soaked in gun-oil.
If you shoot it, it will smoke you. :twisted:
I haven't found any ways to de-oil this rifle. It is inbed. Literally.
jon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:15 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

I have a K-98 with the same problem. It doesn't smoke but that damn plywood stock never ceases to ooze oil. On a hot shooting day it's all over the place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:32 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Here is an updated photo of my rifles! Still waiting for a free para!! Perfect one of course!

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:34 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:30 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

mines far more humble than you fellas - i used to have one :(

nice to see all the new posters :D welcome

Post subject: Collection
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:13 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

A Square, "use to have one" sounds so pitiful it makes me almost want to give you one. (mind I said almost) riceone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:17 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

:grin: :grin: :-? :( .............story of my life :lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:09 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Very nice looking group of rifles,Mybusa. Good to see a cluster of them like that, I prefer later war ones myself, but those are nice...as for the discussion about shooting late war (last ditch) guns, as long as there nothing wrong with them,ie damaged or maltreated, they are fine to shoot,the idea that they were somehow unsafe is an old wives tale, the late war metal wasnt quite as strong as the early ones (the toughest action used in WWII) but even the lesser ones were still as high as the average mauser or enfield. the wood finish and the fixed sights were the "last ditches" only short comings..Ive shot ropeholes, 90k range Jinsens and even a mukden with no adverse effects , I even shot a navy once and it was actually a mighty fine shooter,would probably shoot a "emergency use only" however the risk of damaging an internal part of the gun would probably outweigh the urge (probably called "emergency use only" for a reason" ) . Those are a couple sweetschool rifles you guys posted too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:29 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Nice collection so far!!!

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ" - King Leonidas I of Sparta

Visit "Smokeless Powder", my firearms and 2nd Amendment blog: http://fingolfen.blogspot.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:59 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Drsteve ya got a good start! Welcome Welcome :!:

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.