[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - How about this one

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How about this one
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:41 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

NRA life member
583rd ORD Co/59 ORD BDE
Handorf FRG 1988-1990

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:43 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ" - King Leonidas I of Sparta

Visit "Smokeless Powder", my firearms and 2nd Amendment blog: http://fingolfen.blogspot.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:57 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

NRA life member
583rd ORD Co/59 ORD BDE
Handorf FRG 1988-1990

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:02 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Visit "Smokeless Powder", my firearms and 2nd Amendment blog: http://fingolfen.blogspot.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:08 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

NRA life member
583rd ORD Co/59 ORD BDE
Handorf FRG 1988-1990

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:12 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Last edited by arisakadogs on Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:49 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Different site, different rules. Get used to it :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:12 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

no "99 year type" markings? at least, i didn't see any. y'all have a good day, Keith

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:40 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:11 am 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:42 pm 
PFC
PFC

Rifle is very 33rd. I can make out the "hiro" proof in the stock behind the triggerguard tang. I am not make any absolutes, but I would have reservations about the AAsites and rearband. The serial range for no shiki receiver is mid series and I highly doubt wings made it that far, I think they stopped much earlier. Beside these are a popular add on. The rear band, I would be uncomfortable with, I have never seen one after the 32nd series.That being said I have found toyo kogyo to use far more old stock and rejected parts than the other makers. I feel that something is fishy and would be hesitant to drop the kind of money it will take to land this thing. $350 with 10 days to go...it will be insanity, it is already close to the right price (what I consider) for and unquestionable one. Unfortunatley the front bands are not numbered at this time in TK so it will be tough to tell if it got restored. In a nut shell If you are considering this, be careful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:49 pm 
PFC
PFC

okay I looked again.. and I appologize Rob for doubting you. Not only is the stock angle wrong, and the possibility exists that a "hiro" and "na" indistictly stamped in a lousy photo can look the same. The Stock recoil bolt is backwards. It is in the Nagoya direction, not the toyo kogyo direction. I am about 100% sure it is a nagoya stock, therefore wrong for the rifle and could explain the presence of the nonstandard band and AAwings. As far as I am concerned this rifle's auction has already passed its realistic value by at least $100

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:58 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Man, I really got to get that book

NRA life member
583rd ORD Co/59 ORD BDE
Handorf FRG 1988-1990

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:30 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:43 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Ive said for years, the posting rules elsewhere,undermine education..this is a perfect example of how posting a auction benifits the forum and collectors as a whole. Buying the books is guaranteed to save you more thanthey cost in a very short time,almost always on your next rifle, knowledge is a weapon..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:28 pm 
PFC
PFC

While you should definetly get the book, only some of what I spewed above is in there. Experience is king.
Posting live auctions is a mixed blessing. This was a wonderful example of how it is good. However, if this was a nice, legit rifle, and I was watching it I would be pissed about all the exposure the rifle was getting not to mentioned the likely addition of competition. I am very inactive on the online auctions and hardly ever look at them so that I have not the temptation to buy stuff I don't need. Do I miss things that i need? I am sure I do, but I am fine as long as I don't know about it. But on several instances over the past years people have posted the pics from on going auctions, and having interest, I have swooped in for the kill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:34 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

yer a bad man ,Rock.....I just was looking thru some old pics,of some of your stuff...started out looking for some pictures of my mom, wound up going thru 3 yrs of shootout pics,never did find what I was looking for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:47 am 
PFC
PFC

I agree with Mike. You can learn & share info after the auction closes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:03 am 
Major
Major

I have found you can buy japanese rifles with the mums and all the correct parts For around $200 all day long. I do like the Japanese rifles but some of the more recent auction values for these rifles is way to high. I had started buying them cause they were cheap and there is a nice varity of them around, and none are import marked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:17 pm 
PFC
PFC