[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Have to admit, The Arisaka guru's imtimidate me

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:46 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Well, we all have to do it our own way. The spice of life & all. I tried to do the one per series thing & saw that I was missing out on a lot of interesting changes. You just wind up with snapshots of production changes that miss many of the important changes as they occured. Like a for-instance - this 7th series that is right on the edge of the change to the "last ditch" configuration. I've always liked this rifle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:32 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

The reason I would like a late 11 is it is as close to the end as I will ever be able to afford.I would really be happy with most anything with a wood butt plate and short forearm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:38 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

interesting that a lesser quality rifle would command a higher price , that is if im understanding the last couple posts correctly ,

id like one of those highly detailed/machined paratropper versions myself :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:42 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ" - King Leonidas I of Sparta

Visit "Smokeless Powder", my firearms and 2nd Amendment blog: http://fingolfen.blogspot.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:27 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:55 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

very interesting rifles , ive yet to see one in person , perhaps if i make the meet ,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:03 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

Leave it to Rob, Only he would have both the 2 nail and 3 nail varitations of a series 11. Has anybody seen the 11th that Doss has listed for sale?
Ray

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:08 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

so are you serious about the two/three nail variations ? that shows how out of my realm i am with these if you are - id figure one of my carpenters got a bit carried away or the plate looked likely to split and "why not one for good measure"

seriously is this a detail to look for ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:20 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

;) Not that I'm aware of! Rob would know for sure. As far as I know that's the only 2 nail I've seen! :-o I guess that would make it super rare wouldn't it! :lol
Actually I haven't seen enough to know jack about these.

Ray

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:25 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:28 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

The "theme" on T-99 rifles and the changes they went through was to simplify production & to save steel. They scrapped all they could to still produce a serviceable rifle. Sure, these ain't as purdy as the early ones but beauty is in the eye of the collector that knows what these are & can grab one cheap - should it come along. I was thinking about selling the 3 nail rope hole but have, fortunately, come to my senses about that. The three nail has the earlier long style extractor that was deleted back in the 7th series. It's matched to the rifle & is a nice example of the overlap that occured on these rifles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:16 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i suspected the details were the important bits here , i must admit ignorance tho , and ive got to hand it to you for being on to these , i do enjoy hearing of them , and seeing your photos of them , i realise the depth of the subject - just dont know much about it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:28 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

I think my advantage (if you can call it that) is that these are really all I know. I like the Mausers & have a few - my Gew98 1915 Amberg is one of my prized possessions. But, I know almost nothing about other countries weapons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:57 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:54 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Nice rope holes... again - glaring hole in my collection... hope to fill it someday... :D

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Visit "Smokeless Powder", my firearms and 2nd Amendment blog: http://fingolfen.blogspot.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:23 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Three nails is the 'norm' for the wood butt plate; two is the hard one to find.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:32 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:49 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

I recently picked up a three nail SLD stock, I refinished it, removed the middle nail, wanted to make it more valuable. Oh, I also took off the single rear swivel and drilled a hole through it and installed a half inch diameter piece of manila rope. Going to put it on E-pay soon :grin:

Chuck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:36 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:46 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

The content of any post made by me is not meant to insult, offend, P.O. or otherwise upset any reader. The content of any posts made by me reflect my views only and do not reflect those of other members of this Board. So don't get your briefs/panties in a twist!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next