[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Japanese Grenades

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Japanese Grenades
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:55 am 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

These are decent representative examples of the basic grenades used by the Japanese army. From left to right they are; T-10, T-91, Modified T-91, T-97, T-99 (Kiska) with instruction label (pretty worn), T-99 later with no label or anything but black paint. And the T-89 Knee Mortar shell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:51 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Sweet collection.

I've got absolutely no grenades at this point, and with prices what they are, I probably won't for a while either... too many firearms ahead of them...

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ" - King Leonidas I of Sparta

Visit "Smokeless Powder", my firearms and 2nd Amendment blog: http://fingolfen.blogspot.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:23 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Well, if you are even thinking about grenades you should grab a T-10 when you can (the one on the far left). These were virturally unknown until there was a recent flurry of them coming out of China. Now they seem to be drying up. I bought 4 of them & sold one to Gawgirl. Before the China grenades I'd only heard about the T-10 and about one selling for around $1200. I got mine for around $250 - $300 each. The T-10s coming out of China makes sense as that was probably the only place they were ever used. The T-91 grenade came out in 1931 and was used in the T-10 and T-89 Knee Mortars. The obsolescent T-10 was replaced before the war ever moved into the pacific.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:33 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Unfortunately everything seems to be going up so much I need to "move now" on multiple fronts at once (97 sniper, good Type 38's, grenades, swords)... I'm fighting a frikkin' 4 font war! :D

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Visit "Smokeless Powder", my firearms and 2nd Amendment blog: http://fingolfen.blogspot.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:38 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Yeah, I hear ya. I need a nice Shin-Gunto like the one I foolishly sold last year for my "Captain" half-mannequin. I would also like to have a nice T-97 to go with my T-99 "cutback". It's endless....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:44 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:51 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Oh yeah, there was a ceramic grenade & you can see them fairly often on e-bay. I don't know why, but I've never owned one of these. It used a match struck type of fuse. Maybe I should pick up a couple of these. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:46 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Adogs....you need a few stick grenades now. I finally got a relic from China with almost a complete handle. I never did get a T-10. The prices are way steep now...even for the Chinese relics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:04 am 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

I can remember my Dad telling me about finding a case of stick grenades on Okinawa. If only he would have had them all deactivated & brought them back. He also mentioned kicking Japanese helmets out of the way on Saipan & Okinawa. Dang, if only he'd have been more of a scavenger - he could have retired even earlier than he did. And, I could have kept the cream of the crop. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:39 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

adogs,
I have been making replacement sticks for the stick grenades, so if you see a head on ebay, you ought to bid on it. We can fix it up for you. I also have been making complete grenades ( museum quality copies...won't call them repros), but they are time consuming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:34 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General