[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - repro slings

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: repro slings
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:57 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Although I have made a few Japanese repro grenades in my day and used to (and occasionally still do) sell a few repro holsters, the repro slings never did anything for me. I just saw an ad on sportsman's guide showing repro rubberized canvas slings for $17.00. Since I never had a good rubberized sling, I figured that I would order a couple of them. I will let you know how they look. There was a collector on one of the boards selling rubberized slings, but I never was able to get one of his. These are much cheaper though.

Post subject: Re: repro slings
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:26 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

do post what you get , is this an area that might hold prosperity for an enterprising type ?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:13 am 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

I am not sure. I know that collecting military has had an opposite effect on my prosperity!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:11 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i hear ya there , im running a deficit much like the country

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:15 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....I dont know if a rubberized one would be appropriate for my T99 long the vet I got it from said the original just fell apart years ago.......I did order a leather repro from a "Mr. Nambu" -I think- some time back....nicely made but seems it should be a bit longer,but then again I think it was for a T-38(?)....a-waitin' on your feedback... :lol ;)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:49 am 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:08 am 
Colonel
Colonel

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:40 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i do think there is a market for these , there is a market for the monopods and the dust covers , we cant retreve whats lost as it was but we can recreate it [as long as its not passed off as original]

too much of the facts about the bringbacks were lost on those that brought them back , they knew they had a 'war trophy' but as such it didnt matter if it was a collector peice as we look at them now ,

if on the other hand every soldier had brought home a perfect specimin , we wouldnt be collecting them would we ?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:06 am 
Colonel
Colonel

I see lots of repro slings out there for other countries rifles that actually look good. But for some reason I have yet to see a Arisaka sling that looks right. I do under stand that they were scarce. The few that I have are either hard as a board or falling apart. But I can't see by looking at them that they once looked like the repro's I have seen.

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:26 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i think its the fact that they were so badly treated and misstreated because of the climate they lived in and probably the materials selected , in some cases the repros are the only way we will ever have something like this ,

the enfeild jungle slings , that were laminated wcanvas and rubber type material , they tended to set , the rubber-like materials hardened and cracked , they fall apart in your hands , id love to have one on my no5 but it wont happen unless a good repro comes along ,

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:27 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

I got the repros and they look ok. I think they may be a bit narrow, but I put one on one of my 99s anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:54 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Would you want to sell one?... or just post the link, either way I would like to get one. I have a last ditch I would like to put one on. I had been thinking about making a canvas sling from a Mosin dog collar sling, but it would take some leather and stitching to do. If these are decent I wouldn't mind trying one. If I don't like it I can always put the U.S. M1 sling back on. That is what was on it when I bought it. Who knows, from the series and serial that M1 sling just may be original. Last block of the last series from Kokura.

ImageImageImageCharlie...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:34 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Here is the link for the same sling at IMA-USA. I can't find the original Sportsmansguide link, but this is the same, but a couple of dollars more.

http://www.ima-usa.com/product_info.php ... ts_id/1841