[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Chinese captured Arisaka

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Chinese captured Arisaka
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:57 pm 
Major
Major

Well my local Gun shop guy gave me this, that's right I said gave as in free of charge. helps that I have been helping him out though. From what I know and I have not had the time to look up much of anything, this arisaka rifle was captured buy the Chinese and converted or bored out to 8mm. the brass bandaids on the wrist of the stock look like they were done long ago and I would not be surprised if it was done in china. Kind of a neat one, but there is no way I am going to try to shoot it. Maybe someone else out there knows more about it. it has a star on the butt stock, I assume this to be the red armys mark.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:28 pm 
LCDR
LCDR

Sept. 09 American Rifleman

Image Image [img]

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Seller ... ser=956475

http://stores.ebay.com/workenladyo8?_rdc=1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:27 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....AAAAAaaahhhhh........you beat me to it... :roll: .....my issue just came today and I was gonna mention it... :lol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:31 pm 
Major
Major

Great! now where can I get a copy of that issue? can you by just one?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:59 pm 
LCDR
LCDR

I would say so,I think at a book stand or like that???

Image Image [img]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:15 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....uh-I dont think so...its the NRA mag. sent out to members.....well,at least I've never seen one in a magazine rack...I'll send you my copy if you like...just email or PM me with your address...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:11 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

or ill send you mine if mario wants to keep his , i seldom keep them - pass them on to fellow collectors

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:02 am 
The Knife
The Knife

I usually just end up pitching my copy so if the others want to keep theirs let me know. I should say my wife's copy as I get the American Hunter with my membership.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:14 pm 
LCDR
LCDR

Image Image [img]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:47 am 
The Knife
The Knife

That article is out of "Bolt Action Military Rifles of the World" by Stuart Mowbrary and Joe Puleo, and the rifles are owned by John Wall.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:41 pm 
Major
Major

I thought I had that book , but turns out it was "military mausers of the world" that I got. Is that one worth getting?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:28 am 
The Knife
The Knife

According to some of the reports I have seen it would. I know John Wall is pushing it.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:07 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Here's a link to some 1949 photos of the chink army. I'm not that up on Jap. rifles, but some seem to be in use. I can't ID the tanks - Jap.?

http://www.webpark.ru/comment/53468

Two ironic pics: the stylish white sidewall tires on the towed artillery and chairman mao haranguing the assembled from **gasp** an Amercian Jeep! :-o SW