[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - A few Enfields from the collection

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A few Enfields from the collection
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:20 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

Last edited by tenboremag on Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:33 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Sure, I'll give it a try.

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:44 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

I have several more Enfields that aren't shown. I'll post them when I get some decent pics.

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:46 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

very nice collection , i want some of those :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:16 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

One of these days I'll try to take some pictures of my collection and variants. Here is an old picture of a few No.1's

That's a bit small - must have done something - here's a better one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:45 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Hi Guy's
That is a great bunch of Enfields keep them coming. I have run out of things to show.
Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:05 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

allright we need a rundown of what we are seeing here , thats an immpressive collection for sure

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:00 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i gotta revive some of these ,

the no4s and no5

the early ones - long lee , smle , no1s [this is a new photo reconfiguration of the cabinet reflects addition of the mkV / sale of the very pistol / purchase of the 22cal webley mkVI / and display of the wwII entrenching tool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:07 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i just noticed , maybe mentioned before - the S&W in 38 s&w is in this one and the FS fighting knife at far right [also my scottish great grandfathers cane [right below that]

ive added a boreviewer , and a couple other small bits like some very nice vintage ammo-455 , and 9mm [thanks to gerry]
and you still cant see the inglis pistols in the bottom of the later rifles case

oh and the cooey is the one wearing the winchester scope cover

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:38 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i think sog had them don , but not sure - ill look around and let you know if i see one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:22 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:30 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

perhaps in the enfeild area but i dont have the maas
/ steyers / mausers / carcanoes / and rasheids that you all do ---i do have some US rifles tho :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:21 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

im liking both - i do think that lithgow needs a bit of TLC , are you still looking for the furniture for this one ? [note i use that term in the yank vernacular-to the brits the furniture is the metal bits]
and tell me again what is wrong with the wood its wearing ? ishy ?
that 1917 is a nice date to have :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:42 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Beautiful furniture :!:

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:02 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:39 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:12 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Well, it looks nice in the picture! :lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:29 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Gotta teach me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:54 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Gatsby, get them while you can and they are still pretty cheap for the No1s and No4s. Soon the well will dry up and prices will rise.

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:03 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i think this is right - there has been an abundance of shippments recently - but they have been comming from the third world sources and cant continue for much longer - these were at best well used when they got them -pakistan/india excused , the rifles got well used[usedup] in their service , we shall see a depletion of the incoming soon and it will be only old guys like me dieing that will put them in the market :-?