[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Photographs of Member's Enfield Collections

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Photographs of Member's Enfield Collections
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:04 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Hi And some of my US rifles

Cheers Gerry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:32 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

thanks gery - i knew that 22 was hiding somewhere , she is indeed a beauty , like the thompson , but love that longbranch :lol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:45 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Hi Guy's
I will have to take some new pictures of my collection there are old.
Cheers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:23 pm 
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

Hi Guy's
New pictures of my Lee Enfield / Enfield

M/H Mk4 577-450 Enfield No1 Mk3*LSA .303 No1 Mk3*RFI .303 No3 Mk1 P1914 Enfield (RE).303

No4 Mk1 BSA .303 No4 Mk1*L.B. No7 Mk1 .22 L.B. No5 Mk1 BSA .303

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:21 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

This is my Ishapor and MK1 #4. Not as nice as all those beauties I just saw. But they are what I have.

Attachments:
Enfields.jpg
Enfields.jpg [ 153.46 KiB | Viewed 11364 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:54 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Hi JA3090,
All the Lee Enfield rifle series are nice :p

Is your Ishapore a 2A or 2A1 ?

The No.4 Mark 1 looks like its a Savage made rifle based on the wood color. Is it?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:57 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i was speculating on exactly that same thing , it looks to be a nice one ,

i cant tell on the ishy , it also looks to be a nice one

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:25 pm 
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Thanks.I have to dig em out of the safe. I'm not sure what the wood is on them but I'll check.The #4 MK.1 is not a Savage. The 'Ishy' still has the rack #s painted on the stock.I thought it made it look authentic. I'll also 'try' to get better pics.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:44 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

My No. Mk III so far.

New EFD Walnut fore end.
All matching serials except replacement rear sight rail.

The butt stock is an old beech replacement, I'll replace it with a Walnut butt later.
The handguards are a good fit and have legs intact. They had faint DP markings which all but disappeared during the cleaning process, I didn't chose to preserve them.
Couple of dents left to pull and some discoloration on the handguards, but it looks pretty good so far.

Later on I'll look for the proper Mk III wood and volley sights, but for now it suits my purposes.

The Magazinr cut off is handy for target work but I can see why they deleted it from the Mk III* rifles.
The windage adjustable rear sight is a necessity for load development and long range work.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:04 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

very nice rifle , its a keeper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:18 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

looking forward to seeing them , :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:52 am 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

Hi all, here is what I have at present:

No.1 MkIII 1913 Enfield:

All serialized parts except bolt match. Has mag cut-off and windage adj. rear sight.

No.1 MkIII* 1918 Enfield:

All serialized parts except rear sight match. Has windage adjustable rear sight.

No. 4 MkI* Savage :

All serialized parts except magazine match. All manuf. marked parts except magazine body are Savage. Has Mk II 300/600 yd. rear sight. No. 4 MkII bayonet marked Savage.

No. 4 Mk I 1942 Savage (Refurbished):

All serialized parts except match. Mix of manuf. marked parts. Has MkI adjustable rear sight. No. 4 Mk II bayonet marked Savage.

No. 4 Mk I* 1942 Long Branch (Refurbished):

All serialized parts except magazine match. Mix of manuf. marked parts. Has MkI adjustable rear sight. No. 4 Mk II bayonet marked Long Branch.

No. 4 Mk 2 1954 Fazerkerly:

All serialized parts including bayonet & scabbard match. Lightly used "Irish Contract" rifle.

No. 5 Mk I 1957(?) RFI Refurbished:

All serialized parts match. Bayonet and scabbard are recent RFI reproductions.

My Other "Enfields"

P-14 Eddystone:

Model 1917 Eddystone:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:45 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

nice :bigrin:

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:23 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

I thought I had posted to this one before, but I guess not.
I do need to take some new pictures.

No2MKI and Lithgow

RFI .410

1964 RFI 2A

A few more in the safe but need new pics.

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:15 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

It was getting a little stale in here - thanks for the pics tenboremag

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:00 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

This is the better part of mine.

I don't want to be accused of profiling so I had to buy a No1.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:11 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

madcratebuilder,

That's a sweet assortment! And welcome to the madness... :welcome: oops! I mean learned forum. 8-) SW

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:16 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

A very nice line up there.

While the No.4 action is technically superior, I think the old SMLE has a nice retro touch of class. The No.1 combined elegance in some features with brutal efficiency in others. That nose cap always reminded me of an old steam locomotive.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:40 pm 
The Knife
The Knife

madcratebuilder

Another :welcome: to you. That is the most Enfields I have ever seen at one time, I am just a little partial to the Mauser.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:49 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Thank you gentleman. My LE collection is a little No4 heavy but I do have room for a few No1's in the future.

HerrMesser, I have long avoided the Mauser platform until I bought a Yugo M48 from a friend. Of course you know what that started. For now I'm staying with the Yugo variant and working at the best examples I can find. You well see me in the Mauser section.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next