[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Lebel M16 carbine

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lebel M16 carbine
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:24 am 
Major
Major

She is not pretty but she shoots. I have been shopping around for a good 8mm lebel shooter for some surplus ammo I obtained, But i really didn't want one of those hillbilly specials thats been all chopped up. so I found and bought this mismatched beauty.I thought the $175 price tag was a little high, but pickings have been slim so I paid it. Now I just need to get it to the range.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:23 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Nice & interesting as I my understanding is that Mle16's are 5 round rather than the 3 round mag yours has. Here's my Mle16 5 round mag
BTW be sure that it has been modified to handle the Balle 1932N ammo before trying that surplus ammo in it as most of whats on the maket is Balle N.There will be an N stamped on the reciever if it has been -TR

Rome fell because it had a Senate-what will become of us with both a Senate and a House-Will Rogers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:23 am 
Colonel
Colonel

Say good by to your shoulder when she goes BANG!! :lol :lol

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:32 pm 
Major
Major

The five shot lebels were converted from the three shot, all the other rifles I found were five shots. The barrel on the one I have does have the N stamp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:37 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:53 pm 
Major
Major

How much do you want for it and what kind of shape is it in?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:21 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

The coversions will bear the earlier Mle 07/15 marking,the new made will be marked Mle16 according to the old articles I have. When Patrick checks in again,maybe he can chime in :D -TR

Rome fell because it had a Senate-what will become of us with both a Senate and a House-Will Rogers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:51 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:13 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:46 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:29 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:54 am 
Major
Major

Well I tried to get mario's but I was not fast enough! :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:03 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

OK , i was accused of calling something ugly once when i mentioned its beauty was realised only in its mpothers eyes ....granted thinnly veiled , ......this is not attractive , glad there are those of you out there who like these :lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:01 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Here is a carbine I will have soon as it gets out of pawn. Should have come here first. Every number I can find matches, even the stock. Sorry about the poor pictures taken in the store. roy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:09 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

wish my local pawn shop had anything like this , the crap they have doesnt even have useable parts ,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:24 am 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

very nice looking Berthier
Let me know if I can help you know all about it
Patrick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:25 pm 
Major
Major

Are there any real good referance books on french rifles. I am starting to like them, but I need to know more about them before I spend any $$$$ on them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:23 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Thank you Patrick, I'll be back when I get the rifle here. roy

Post subject: Re: Lebel M16 carbine
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:46 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

I just found one of these at a local gun shop with a price of 149.00. Good deal? What should I be checking on this gun? Thanks

Post subject: Re: Lebel M16 carbine
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:26 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

The pics seem to be of a Berthier. I have an 1892 Berthier artillery carbine & it shoots very well! Rough as a cob on the outside but very smooth action and a great barrel.

I sized the Lee .329 205 grainer down to .323 and added 20.0 grains AA5744 to the 8mm Lebel cases I got from Bruce-ski. Mild and the load shoots to the sights.

As for pricing, I gave 175 for mine - I see them selling for a lot more than that on the auctions.

I just sold a bayonet for this model on the trader here. SW