[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Ok some one just shoot me! Mas 49 auction win

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:18 am 
Colonel
Colonel

Oh my some one here needs to put me out of my misery! For some sick reason I bid high on this rifle. It is an all matching Mas49 a correct French one not the Syrian one (I have a Syrian).

All I'll admit to was it was a bit over 500.00 Ouch. But it is a nice one and the only thing I need to worry is how to pay for it!! One way to look at it I now have all the Mas49 rifles made except the true sniper rifle and that is very expensive!

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:14 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Nice one. :D

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:43 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

looks good to me - congrats - but what is that white thingy ? :-?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:18 am 
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth ...... firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes..."
GEORGE WASHINGTON

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:05 pm 
Major
Major

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:52 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

typicaly french - somewhere they missed the bit that nylon was for ladies stockings :lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:01 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:02 am 
Colonel
Colonel

Yeah I know it really was not that bad. It's just alot of money but the 49/56 that I got from the seller months ago was nice and better then expected so this should be a keeper! It is nice to know that the Mas 49 collection will be complete when this one is here.

Gatsby you know one off these days we will have to take a collection up just so you can get that Mas36! As to that nylon charging handle it is eaiser on the hand grabbing that instead of a metal one. All my Mas semi's have that and they are holding up well. They are heavy and clunking feeling but they do shoot real well (as long as you don't use Syrian ammo).

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:04 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

LOL! We'll lets just say I've got something in the woks... :twisted:

██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love. █████ ███████ ███ your █████ ████ government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:28 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Well it's about time! I was almost thinking of a donation for your cause!

Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:32 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i bet donations would not be turned away :lol :lol glad your on to one gatsby :grin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:31 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Donations are always welcome. Really its not the money. It's just finding one for sale... or at least one for sale from somebody I relatively trust...

I'm just not so hot to trot on the ole auction sites.

If I keep shaking the Manufacture d'Armes de Saint-Etienne tree hard enough, I'm sure the 36's will start falling out left and right :lol

Soon though... Soon... one will fall... right off the back of that mysterious Brown truck which makes me sign for lovely rectangular packages. :Dbounce:

Although, I've been starting to develop a keen interest in WWI lately... and you know what that means... Time to start shaking the Lebel & Berthier trees :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:05 am 
Major
Major

Sounds like a cargo cult to me. Kneel down and pray to the big brown truck. Funny that the gods don't drop manna on the weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:39 am 
Major
Major

Old Thor ain't got nothing on me.

Gungrubber

Last edited by Gungrubber on Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:31 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

That is just a plain ol nice looking rifle! It can drop my way any time now! I should be done with the WW2 and post French rifles and it will be time to look for the pre ones!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:09 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Millwright

2 things. I just got done sending Gabsy a note that that was the last on my Mas list and 2 is that your gun room on the little photo? If it is where is the BIG photo?

Thanks for the link now I have to think if I need to sell a kid or two!! I just looked at the link and that is nice and matching except for the bayonet which would not at all bother me.

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:45 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

yea , duane , wheres the big photo ?

that is one very interesting french rifle , it makes me interested in learning more

the previous one is a truely nice looking carbine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:05 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

holy $#!te i gotta get out in your garage next visit - i had no idea :lol

one day it would be fun to have a room like that .........but alas when we live with women we must make allowances :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:11 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol i agree -wish mione looked so nice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:45 pm 
Colonel
Colonel