[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Carcanos in Albania

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Carcanos in Albania
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:11 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

The internet has a lot of great info; but to know the specifics, you really have to read books, both history and memoirs. I really want to visit the Balkans too...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:41 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

i think i can relate to your wishes , i agree reading a lot and not just the wiki reports is required , i also understand that you never stop once started as there is always more to learn and know , hope you get to make that trip ,

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:17 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

The real question remains…Are they still hoarding them, or putting them on Gun Broker? Wonder if they signed that new UN arms treaty? Say it isn't so!

I remember seeing an old political map of Europe and listing Albania as under Chinese influence. I wonder what they are doing now? Don't make me go to Wikipedia.

Best Regards,

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:49 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

Yes, Albania was closest to China in the Cold War, at least in receiving a number of Chinese weapons. The country was on lockdown by then.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:21 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Wonder if China will come back….probably only if raw materials are involved…

Had a room mate from Bulgaria once. Not the same, but its in the neighborhood. He mentioned those numerous pill boxes in Albania. Tourist camp sites now?

Best Regards,

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:03 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Last week there was a photoset of Albania on a Russian site. The country appears very poor overall. A friend in Italy told me a few Italian items can be found in markets but it's not worth a trip to look for them.

Mario has been there & may have comments to add here. SW

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:27 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Strange, Wikipedia, the only source for information on the world…. stated that some travel site (Lonely Planet?) made Albania the number one place to visit in the world in 2011. I guess if you want that adventure of a life time in a place devoid of other tourists, that's the place to go. I was so hoping it was Ohio…… We got a turkey farm locally that's a tourist attraction for reasons that elude me and just about all others that see the sign. Maybe its because there are no cows or pigs? Belt fed weapons might be allowed this week for processing the herd.

I wonder if they are in better shape financially than Greece. Of course, that wouldn't be hard, would it? They are a NATO member too. You can be fully enlightened by visiting Wikipedia in a matter of minutes.

Best Regards,

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:40 am 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...almost but not 'quite'....been feet on the ground in Slovenia and rest of Yugoslavia....but only cruised past it in the Adriatic...thats about the closest :Dbounce:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:25 pm 

I was cruising the net & found several pics of Carcanos in Albania - mostly in the hands of partisans. Also one of Mr Comb-over, King Zog and the lovely Queenie Geraldeeny. SW

albania1.jpg
albania1.jpg [ 45.73 KiB | Viewed 7742 times ]

albania4.jpg
albania4.jpg [ 32.86 KiB | Viewed 7742 times ]

albania5.jpg
albania5.jpg [ 125.85 KiB | Viewed 7742 times ]

albania8.jpg
albania8.jpg [ 104.21 KiB | Viewed 7742 times ]

albania9.jpg
albania9.jpg [ 110.28 KiB | Viewed 7742 times ]

albania10.jpg
albania10.jpg [ 232 KiB | Viewed 7742 times ]