[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Coming soon!

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Coming soon!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:36 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

THE Carcano book. We're looking at 400 profusely-illustrated pages. It's about 75% done now. SW

zBook2a.jpg
zBook2a.jpg [ 27.24 KiB | Viewed 8317 times ]

Post subject: Re: Coming soon!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:48 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....congrats... ;) ...lookin forward to the release... :Dbounce:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:28 am 
The Knife
The Knife

Congrats on the book.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:59 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Waiting patiently. :jmp:
Of course, there will be photos of the authors, right?

Bern

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:29 pm 

Yep. I sent the publisher 3 pics of me with recently deceased lurkeys & he thought that was good. So one of those with my 2 paragraph bio. Such as it isn't.

He wanted a pic of my 'man cave' but I don't think he believes it's really that messy. Well, I ain't cleaning it up just for that. I straightened it yesterday & tossed a bunch of junk but that's going to be it.

He's got his fascist stuff sorted & we are just waiting for pics from the army museum at Terni. I caption all those & then we edit. Go through to correct spelling & such.

Then I try to sell some fiction!! :bigrin: SW

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:46 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I kin send him a picture of ya with some HD chin whiskers :rotflma:

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:47 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Can't wait for the book! Any more chapters on the fiction done?..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:05 am 

I just finished a 60,000 word MS about savages, dragons, sweeeeet beautiful princess & her semi-savage bf, and a wicked sorceress chick who springs an evil plot on everybody else - feeds people to her dragons... a regular villain who wants to kill the princess & her mom.

I would be glad to send it if you read that sort of thing. SW

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:07 am 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:51 am 
The Knife
The Knife

Can we get an auto-graphed copy of yer book?????

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:45 pm 

Sure. If it ships from Texas instead of here I might have to send a "dedication" letter like my friend in Italy did with his book. SW

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:10 pm 
International Man of Mystery

I think this book is a great achievement.
Congratulations SW.

I'd love to order a copy whenever possible.
Do you ship overseas ?????????????
I sure hope so.
I'd be proud to own a copy.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:42 pm 

Martin,

Yes, I will ship to Holland! :bigrin: I have some to ship to Italy, too. SW

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:48 pm 

GREAT :grin: ......I can't wait.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:48 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

good luck on this , i wish you success and appeciate the efforts you have gone to , a worthy endevor and a wealth of info to those who collect in the future

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:55 pm 

The book is getting closer. I just finished editing the 460 pages, and when the publisher amends the affected pages, it will be ready for the printer. Maybe.

To keep the cost down, we are going with a soft cover, and we now question if a soft cover book spine will adequately support that many pages. The reader would have to be very careful or the pages would begin to separate from the book.

So plotting and scheming has commenced regarding a second book.Which would be quite a ways out but is a very real possibility! I have enough unused stuff in my notes and pic file for many pages, and a friend in Italy would have time to get into the Army museum at Terni to fill a memory card in his camera. It would be a lot of fun! :bigrin:

But I really want to write fiction! ;) SW

zCover1a.jpg
zCover1a.jpg [ 54.33 KiB | Viewed 8259 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:09 pm 

SW, you can be very proud of yourself.
Lots of info combined in a book, saved for a future generation.
This is a fantastic achievement.
I'd be proud to own a copy.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:05 pm 

Martin ( and other friends who will also receive a copy), the book will begin printing next month, and I'll mail them out soon thereafter.

I've been doing last minute editing and research all afternoon & just got done plotting & scheming with the publisher... and nailed down a second book on the same topic. It's at last a year out. One of our pals in Italy needs time to get into the Army museum at Terni to fill a couple memory cards in his camera.

That & I have enough stuff in my notes and pic file to quickly fill pages with new information.

I hope I don't sound like I'm boasting... it's just that I never imagined it would be so well received.

Now to sell fiction!!! And I have a title ready!

"Britney: world's hottest pharmacist and her adventures down at the Hi Dee Ho pharmacy!" :crzy: :rotflma: :rotflma: :rotflma: :jok: SW

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:20 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....."in Haystack,Nebraska"....
.....ya fergot ta add that part in a long title... :fny: :rotflma: :grin: ;)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:34 am 

Publishing has begun in earnest. Russ's plan is to sell 50 ( I think demand will dictate a much larger number than that) deluxe editions and then start in with B&W books.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread. ... t-for-Sale

Don Voigt is the printer, and you can contact him at the e-mail address shown in the link above if you want one of the hard bound, color photo books. I do believe they are going fast. No word on the soft cover B&W book cost yet, but I think it will be under $100 shipped.

What next?... "It was a dark and stormy night punctuated by the sinister rumble of thunder and the sharp snap of nearby lightning strikes. Sweeeeet, beautiful Britney was unable to sleep, but it wasn't because of the horrid weather. It was the ache in her heart for the handsome railroad engineer who was unable to be at her side..." :crzy: :rotflma: :rotflma: :rotflma: :jmp:

That would SO sell!! :fny: :bigrin: :lol 8-) :P SW, RR engr and literary jenius