[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Regia Aeronautica

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Regia Aeronautica
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:33 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Found vids relating to Italy's WW2 air force. SW

Here are Italians participating in the Spanish Civil War. At the 4 minute mark, Italian "volunteers" are shown. If you look closely, you will see 6,5 Vetterlis. Some of the nearly worthless tankettes are seen toward the end of the vid.

More Spanish Civil War. You can see Bodeo Revolvers worn by pilots & other officers.

Making and maintaining Italian aircraft. It amazes me how the lug bombs on their shoulders or roll them on the ground. Hopefully fuses are added after the bombs are in the rack. In the scene where troops load into planes, notice they have TS only - no room for long rifles there!

More bombing runs here. They must have done well - back slaps and wine all around!

This one shows their anti shipping campaign which had fair success.

Post subject: Re: Regia Aeronautica
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:31 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I couldn't notice the Vetterlies. Man, send out to Spain with a Vetterli in my hand, YIKES.

Best Regards,

Mark

BTW, do Italians and Spaniards get along now a days?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:48 pm 

What the 6,5 Vetterli lacked as a cartridge rifle, it made up as a bayonet platform. :-o

One could attend a battle and 'acquire' a better rifle from someone who hadn't further need of it.

Get along? They probably do all right with a quantity of wine to ease political differences. SW

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:56 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Explain the captured British Swordfish torpedo bomber….. How is your hearing in Italian? Somewhere in episodes 3 through 5, which one, I'm half asleep right now, I have no idea.

Besta Regardo,

Marko

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:04 pm 

I can muddle my way through Italian text but am lost with conversation. I actually wrote an article for an Italian magazine. It was the oddest feeling to see my name at the top but not be able to read the text.

I watch these vids muted. SW

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:22 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:47 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Still, there's the matter of a British Swordfish biplane bomber being flown by some hot shot Italian pilot in a white jump suit. Details gentlemen, details…. Odds say he is a movie star of some sort.

Nice to see any Italian planes in the air. I only get ground views or hand drawn stuff so I can't get an idea of what real size they are in most cases. Those Italian bombers look more imposing than I thought. They don't look like they can hit much though.

I saw our chemical corps rolling 55 gal drums of mustard gas around like they were merely gasoline in a show on the invasion of Japan. That looked worse than bombs.

Best Regards,

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:53 pm 

One of those prominent pilots might well be il Duce's son. He perished in a plane crash later in the war. il Duce was a pilot himself - took hitler for a ride once & pulled a few stupid stunts trying to scare him. SW

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:55 pm 

More Italian aircraft pics. They had some very graceful designs but wimpy engines. They did make some German engines under license but the details escape me. SW

i1.jpg
i1.jpg [ 83.04 KiB | Viewed 7650 times ]

i2.jpg
i2.jpg [ 69.23 KiB | Viewed 7650 times ]

i3.jpg
i3.jpg [ 50.06 KiB | Viewed 7650 times ]

i4.jpg
i4.jpg [ 54.08 KiB | Viewed 7650 times ]

i5.jpg
i5.jpg [ 74.4 KiB | Viewed 7650 times ]

i6.jpg
i6.jpg [ 88.2 KiB | Viewed 7650 times ]