Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:13 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Well a mystery rifle is here! You can tell it has not been issued but it is suffering from neglect. The stock is nice but dry as a bone and there is lite rust over some areas.

The rust I think will clean up with a good over night soaking of oil and the stock is going to get a few coats of oil over a few days. It is a Terni marked rifle with an Arma Guerra Cremona serial number QM 157 with matching number on the duffel cut stock!

The seller had two both with the Terni markings and Q serial numbers. The other rifle was serial number QG 3996. After the clean up I'll post the photos.

Here are the photos.

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:18 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Mybusa,

There are no Terni markings that I can see, just Armaguerra Cremona markings. A lot of times the crown and RE stamps are thought to be Terni markings but are not. The crown is the standard royal crown and RE means Regio Escercito (Royal Army) and the 4UT stamp means 4th Ufficio Tecnico (Italian Fourth Tecnical Unit). The late war Terni stamp is a crown in a square box with a star above the box.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:02 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

airdale

Thanks I was not aware of that!! Am I correct in guessing that it is a 1943 build rifle? Thanks for the info I learned something new today and I shall bury my head in shame of my goof :-o :-o

Now that I think about it I have the RE on my 1942 Beretta pistol and I know is Army. On a slightly different subject with the Terni rifles I have up to FAT 43 what are the last Terni markings I need to look for?

Thanks

Mark

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:01 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Mybusa,

The rifles with no date were made about mid 1943-45. 1943 will be the last date found on the barrels. The late war Terni's had a square box with a crown inside with a star above the box and the late war Armaguerra's are marked like the one you have pictured, the "Q" letter prefix is also a giveaway for the Armaguerra's.

BTW where is the rifle's bolt?