[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Cav Carbine with no date or arsonel marking.

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:28 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

I went to my parts supplier today to see if he had some Carcano bolts that I could try in my 91/41 that seems to be tight with all the bolts I have tried so far.

I saw in the corner of his office a matching numbered 91/38 Cav carbine that had on it only a SX52xx serial number and a number 2 behind the rear fixed sight for 150 I could not say no.

There ares no arsenal markings on the barrel and it does not look like its been ground off. The bluing is factory and nice with the over all carbine in great shape.

How would I find the date of manufacture and arsenal with this one? I will post photos of it later after I take it apart to see what is under the wood.

Thanks

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:51 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

probably get slapped :lol

that is an enigma for sure , sounds like a great search ahead - well worth the effort and time :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:08 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Don

The problem with that idea is that sharp pointy bayonet hurts!!

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:20 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

O-tay... Deeeeeeep breath: No markings other than serial number = last half of 1943. It was made after the king surrendered & the fascists mostly got hung by the neck until dead. :-o

The SX letter block is toward the end of production and is from the Gardone arsenal. Gardone made the most cav carbines with over a million out the door. :Thnku: SW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:28 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

SW

Thanks! Take a big bow and now I'll go pout :? I was hoping it was some rare super special carbine! Still it's nice looking and has the 2 part cleaning rod!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:35 pm 

You did well, Grasshopper! 8-) My Gardone has no rod but still retained the green sling. $45 smackers OTD at a local gun show a couple years ago. :P

I also noticed you got the straight scoop HERE first instead of the "other" board. :bigrin:

Folks here ain't too proud ( or anal) to share information and parts. 8-) SW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:44 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

I did notice that!! The other side is always stuffy also. Sharing is always a good thing in my mind. On those green slings do you have a source for nice ones? Also when did the Italians go from the brown leather with buckle to the green ones? Well I was bummed about not finding a bolt but this made up for it.

Here are the photos of the Carbine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:53 pm 

Some french guy on fleabay had a gaggle of green slings a while back. Other than that, no consistent source.

I watched a fellow part out a cav carbine this week, & he made a lot more than what you paid. People go NUTZ over stocks & bayo hangers! :? SW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:53 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

wow :grin: :grin: shes a pretty one - far better lookin than that model/blow-up on the other thread , :grin: :grin: congrats

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:56 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:58 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:01 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

LETS BUY MORE CARCANO'S!!

And Italian Vetterlis 8-) SW

Last edited by Mybusa on Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:26 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

It looks like the number 41 is stamped on the bottom of the receiver. If so then the receiver was made 1941. This rifle could have been made using a lot of salvaged parts which is not uncommon for late war production rifles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:10 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Yes 41 is stamped on the bottom.

So its safe to assume that the receiver was laying around for some time till they put it together? I will never figure out these things!

Thanks every one.

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:26 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I doubt the receiver was lying around that long, probably a receiver salvaged from a damaged rifle that was turned into the arsenal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:33 pm 
Major
Major

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:16 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

No not recently :-( :-(