[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Madness!

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Madness!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:38 am 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Criminy!!! :-? Someone must have gotten a killer Christmas bonus! Okay, this is a nice one, but that sum is greater than what I paid in the last 6 weeks for TWO 1870/87 long rifles and an 1870 Moschetto... COMBINED!!! :roll:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =118811087

I guess I shouldn't say too much - my collection has just increased substantially in value. 8-)

So! If any of you folks were considering bidding on this, I can hook you up with one just as nice for a little less $... shipped in a hard case and a big baggie o' homemade cookies included into the deal! :bigrin: SW

Post subject: Re: Madness!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:45 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

I was watching that one too & thought it a bit crazy when it went over 5 bills. Oh well there's one always out there who has lots of extra $$$

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:50 am 

There was another one that recently brought $760... at least it included a long Vetterli bayonet... but the stock had been sanded. :crzy:

Someone starts waving $700 under my nose, they may shake hands with their choice of any Vetterli I have! Big baggie of homemade cookies and a turkey dinner included! Guided turkey hunt... For that kind of $, I can afford to toss in a few extras! :bigrin: SW

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:55 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Does that go for an all matching 1870 with accouterments & access to your extensive library of russian cutie pics? (along with the guided hunts & lurkey din-din) :hah: :rotflma: :crzy:

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:58 am 

For 7 bills, it's certainly negotiable! I'll even translate the cutie captions! "Here ees Olga wearingk... nothing." :jok: :crzy: :rotflma: SW

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:02 am 

Final price: $805! :thud: :X :vis: Well, maybe this will scare a few out of closets around the country & since no one else will bid THAT much, prices will be around $225 in the end. SW

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:55 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

wow , i look at those photos and im immpressed with what i see - but you indicate this to be high for this rifle ,

while i know nothing of these and wont even pretend to be in the market , what should this peice bring ? realisticaly ?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:13 pm 

Bruce is pretty close with his $500 remark ( maybe a little less) - I used to think 350 - 425, but that's obviously out the door.

I will buy every one I can in this condition for under $300 shipped. - That's the 10.4x47R & not the 1870/87/15. I figure 125 + freight is about top money for one of those. I've got a bid of 75 on one right now... we will see. SW

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:29 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

that puts it in perspective , i didnt realise the rifles could be found in such great condition , i also would have guessed one like the one in the photos would be worth more , but as i said i know nothing of these ,

thank you for the education , these have always looked interesting - they are a very interesting design and the quality looks to be high in the manufactureing process , the calibers are weird

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:18 pm 

The fellow contacted me with questions - to which I gave straight answers. I mentioned the price, and he said he did not object to paying "a little more" for an untouched, matching example".

I guess the bottom line is that the pleasure remains long after the price has been forgotten.

I'm not sure I could forget that price, though. ;) SW

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:06 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

I liked it but it would be hard time to forget the price. But there is always paid high just a little early.

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin