[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Italian revolvers

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Italian revolvers
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:30 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Called Bodeo by us or "Bode" by the Italians. I just got what I thought was an officer's model and asked about it on an Italian milsurp site. A fellow told me what he knew and apologised for his English. He was "learning French", he said. I thought he did pretty well with English, too!

Three languages impresses me! I struggle with English and Russian!

Back to the revolvers. The revolver shown with a trigger guard is a "modello alleggerito" or lightened model made by MBT - one of several makers of this model. These were commonly used by town police and those will have the town crest. Also used by customs police and "Regia Guardia di Finanza".

He told me in the "old Italian Army" and police agencies, officers could buy a personal weapon. If this one was used by an army officer, he did not seem to have been in constant combat as it's in very good condition. You will see these all pitted on the side where the holster contacted the body and sweat permeated the leather.

It's very well-made. More so than the enlisted man's revolver shown. That one is very robust and if one was to shoot a full case of ammunition through it, you would have forearms like Popeye! Very strong springs!

It's by A. Errasti of Eibar, and while the Spanish pistols generally get a bad rap, this one is VERY well-made. Locks up tight! 200,000 revolvers by A. Errasti were bought by Italy in WW1.

Ammo is no problem. I use 44 Russian brass and 200 grain bullets meant for 44-40. Buffalo arms now lists a dedicated .423 179 grain heeled bullet mold for the Italian service revolver, but it's $126 + shipping.

The officer's model is a real pleasure to shoot, and I need to cast up more bullets!

Top 2 pics show the 2 models together for comparison, and the bottom is a better pic of the officer's model. SW

Attachments:
Bode 005.jpg
Bode 005.jpg [ 77.68 KiB | Viewed 8037 times ]
Bode 002.jpg
Bode 002.jpg [ 81.02 KiB | Viewed 8036 times ]
Bode 001.jpg
Bode 001.jpg [ 80.29 KiB | Viewed 8035 times ]

Post subject: Re: Italian revolvers
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:34 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....I've always thought these were impressive-but GAWD...who designed the grip...???...just seems so awkward to me.... :roll: ....but I profess ignorance :crzy: ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:46 pm 

It IS awkward! With hotter loads, the enlisted model really bites the hand!

They must have taken frequent vino breaks down at the design bureau! ;) :drnk: :crzy: 8-)

It's just fun to get some old shooter smoking again after who knows how many decades. Keeps me out of the bars! :jok: :rotflma: :bigrin: SW

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:09 pm 
Colonel
Colonel

Aww how I cried because I didn't get that one :cry: :cry: But alas it went to a good home with all his other Italian brethren!

SW that is a nice example!

Resident of the Northern Republic of Free California

"People should not be afraid of their Government, the Government should be afraid of the people." - V

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Ben Franklin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:27 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

very interesting revolvers

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:16 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

hi all,just joined the Y.W.F.,il post acouple of pics of my glisenti soon.rowdy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:13 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

...welcome aboard to the menagerie Rowdy... ;) ...lookin' forward to your input... :bigrin:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:35 am 
The Knife
The Knife

Another :welcome: to you rowdy.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:56 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

looking forward to those photos - and welcome

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:38 am 

Yes, welcome to the most informative and cultured forum on the site! 8-) None of the other colecting genre forums are as detailed and just plain fun!

And since you like Italian revolvers, the lovely Rochelle has a special gift for you!! A nice kitty!! :bigrin: You have but to appear at #123 South Main St in Haystack, Nebr to claim it.

Heck, take one of each. We have a good supply! :rotflma: :jmp: :welcome:

Attachments:
stinker1.jpg
stinker1.jpg [ 27 KiB | Viewed 7916 times ]
zzcutie1.JPG
zzcutie1.JPG [ 57.35 KiB | Viewed 7916 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:02 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

hi all,pics of glisenti as promised.steve is there a time limit in collecting my presey,il post holster next.cheers all steve glienti for posts 002.jpg
glienti for posts 002.jpg [ 52.81 KiB | Viewed 7906 times ]

Attachments:
glienti for posts 001.jpg
glienti for posts 001.jpg [ 53.39 KiB | Viewed 7906 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:08 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

hi again,site would not let me post all pics together,i have (1)part missing the screw that stops the cylinder pin from coming out.cheers steve glienti for posts 004.jpg
glienti for posts 004.jpg [ 53.47 KiB | Viewed 7906 times ]

Attachments:
glienti for posts 003.jpg
glienti for posts 003.jpg [ 53.09 KiB | Viewed 7906 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:52 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

very nice , thanks for putting those up , i for one am only just learning these eye-tie stuff by all of the great posts here

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:24 am 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

any more pics of revolvers?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:48 am 

I'll put some up after a nap - just stumbled in from work. I have an Obrero Hermanos top break that was used during wartime.

I see a few Bodeo parts on gunbroker & auction arms right now. SW

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:51 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

thanks for info,all i need is the small screw that goes into the frame & stops the cylinder pin from falling out,il have a look on that site.cheers sw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:53 pm 
Major
Major

hogger What would be the most correct pistol to get for my Italian ww2 set. I have a 7.35 short rifle for the rifle.

GG

Old Thor ain't got nothing on me.

Gungrubber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:57 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:00 pm 

Here's another revolver pic. Two Bodeos and an Obreros Hermanos. All in the same caliber = 10.35 Italian Service Revolver. The top break was mostly used by police and bank guards but was okay for officers' private purchase. SW

Attachments:
zStar 003.jpg
zStar 003.jpg [ 41.39 KiB | Viewed 7841 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:04 pm 
Lance Cpl
Lance Cpl

i like the top break,i want one of those.