[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4676: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4678: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4679: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4680: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
Yesterday's Weapons Forums • View topic - Help ID Carcano been told a few different types

Yesterday's Weapons Forums

Discussion of history's firearms
Site Announcements

Attention New Members and those new registering!
We had a lot of problems with spammers and bot attacks with the stock measures provided by the software. The 7 for registration was a fix that we came up with on our own that has worked quite well. Yes it is a PIA for both you and administration to put you onto your chosen username.
If you come back on and your login does not work retry with your username without the 7.

Thanks for joining us from the administration.

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:24 pm 
PFC
PFC

This is what I have. This is what is stamped on the barrel (hex portion)
Left side: GARDONE V.I. 1931
Center: Beretta
Right: 14811 with a circle and FF or FB in the middle

The bolt tang top side is stamped: AD 8813
bottom side: 2 (over) F1 or FI
an O or 0 is also stamped on underside of bolt on rail

When you remove the bolt there is a star stamped

The rifle is 36" in total length, fixed front, adjustable rear sights with bayonet lug. Has a cleaning rod screwed in below the barrel, 16.5" long. I removed the butt plate I couldn't see anything. There are no import markings, or ammo type markings anywhere on this rifle. Rifling and bore look very good. There are a few other proofs on the barrel and stock but I can't really make them out, and I don't want to guess.

I've had a few folks tell me I had a few different types, does this help. I can't take any other pictures at the moment.

Thanks,

Matt

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!
Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:55 pm 
VA-75 Spook
VA-75 Spook

....well,welcome to our humble Forum :Dbounce: ....Italian Arms are not my forte,but our resident expert Nebrhogger will surely come around here before long and will no doubt fill you in with info-and then some... :grin: ....his train hasnt pulled in yet... :rotflma: ...just stand by a bit... ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:12 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

It's either a 91TS or a 91/28 Hogger will have to clarify this for us. Although looking at the pic I think it is a 91/28 by looking at the banded front sight

It's 5 o'clock and it's watermelon time.....................
because you can't drink beer & load rockets - TXPete

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:26 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

cant help - enfields are my area , but welcome

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:09 pm 
PFC
PFC

Thanks, it's my 1st Carcano. I have a few Mosin Nagants, a Garand, U.S. Springfield model 1873 Trapdoor and a bunch of newer stuff.

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:55 pm 
Теперь предлагаем бесплатную ежедневную маммографию!

Yes - an M91/28. Beretta only made 80,000 of this model for the military market. SW

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:37 am 
The Knife
The Knife

Let me also add a :welcome: to our little group.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member
AMA Life Member
Tri-State Gun Collectors Life Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:00 pm 
LCDR
LCDR

:welcome: all and :welcome: to you to sir.I was talking to the rifle at first..Firearms and I usually get along better then people and I do.Nice piece. :D

Image Image [img]

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Seller ... ser=956475

http://stores.ebay.com/workenladyo8?_rdc=1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:00 pm 
PFC
PFC

Thanks for the information and the welcome. I have an additional question, where can I get the proper sling for it?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:33 pm 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

good question. Hogger, didn't the Eye-Ties have green leather?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:14 am 

Green leather is correct - web slings are often seen on these, particularly navy rifles - also Brit slings. There are slings on gunbroker right now that will work and not that expensive. SW

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:54 am 
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Don't know if these are correct (not green) Hogger?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =206565930

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:30 am 

Those are the slings I mentioned & I believe they are correct. Earlier slings are green ( grigio verde) and later are brown. For the most part - some early slings can be brown depending to whom they were issued.

After mid-late 1942 when Italy started having supply problems in Russia & N Africa, pretty much anything goes. I'm not home & can't post the pics, but everybody used whatever equipment was closest to hand.

A friend in Italy sent a few web slings meant for navy use, but they were also used in N Africa... and where ever else they happened to be shipped.

So my 1st choice would be the green slings but I'd take about any kind of a sling of the period in question & still call it legit. German slings - Russian slings - Brit slings... any of those would be correct for a rifle used in actual combat.

I have one of the web slings on a 1934 FNA and it's correct - has leather tabs which is not all that common.

Just keep in mind there was no sense of urgency to be 100% uniform. SW

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:10 am 
PFC
PFC

Thanks men, I placed an order for this sling.